It's clear that a little guy like Webb gels better with a little bike.  But let's not forget a couple of things.  He signed a huge contract with Yamaha that he himself claimed he did not give them their money's worth.  He also stated he did not train like he should have and sometimes basically mailed it in during the week.  I believe he was told prior to signing his new contract that it was likely a prove it contract (a la Barcia) and he would be doing the team training with no short cuts.  He's always had the talent, but was likely never pushed and basically just handed the golden key.   His new program is working for him and good for him.  He damn well knew he had to work a lot harder this time around.

What I find hilarious is the same people here that named him "little douche coop" aka LDC back in 2015 and berated him the most are the same ones swinging off his nuts the hardest. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

It's clear that a little guy like Webb gels better with a little bike.  But let's not forget a couple of things.  He signed a huge contract with Yamaha that he himself claimed he did not give them their money's worth.  He also stated he did not train like he should have and sometimes basically mailed it in during the week.  I believe he was told prior to signing his new contract that it was likely a prove it contract (a la Barcia) and he would be doing the team training with no short cuts.  He's always had the talent, but was likely never pushed and basically just handed the golden key.   His new program is working for him and good for him.  He damn well knew he had to work a lot harder this time around.

What I find hilarious is the same people here that named him "little douche coop" aka LDC back in 2015 and berated him the most are the same ones swinging off his nuts the hardest. 

:lol:

• Helpful 1

1 hour ago, KTMRider4Life said:

The Webb Wagon seems to be making a big difference in his riding....  Ricky's on board. I'd say it's hard for the Yamaboys to swallow but honestly most of them have jumped on the Orange train like @Chaconne even if they don't admit it...

webbthumnby-450x300 (1).jpg

His bikes gonna hit neutral pretty soon. Just hope he dont get hurt.

Any word on baggett. Ktm bites harder than s cobra.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

He's still a little douche and I'm not much of a fan at all if you're referencing me which I'm 99.9% sure you are. I'm the same guy who BET ON HIM when the yamafans said he wouldn't show up for the outdoors on his bad ass yamaha 250..... ask @redrider144 I not only said he show up with his hurt wrist, I bet on him to show up and I bet on him to WIN..... Guess what, I was RIGHT!  

Much to your chagrin and a lot that you forget I get this shit RIGHT. 

I BET on Webb to win on his YZ250 when the Yamafaithful said he wouldn't even show up... I was RIGHT.

I bet on Webb to hate his YZ450 and leave Yamaha after one contract...

Now Webb is kicking ass on a KTM 450... and I'm still not a big fan. 

Am I suprised??? Hell no...  Why do you think I think I called him the LDC on his YZ250F yet bet on him at the same time? 

Edited by KTMRider4Life
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KTMRider4Life said:

He's still a little douche and I'm not much of a fan at all if you're referencing me which I'm 99.9% sure you are. I'm the same guy who BET ON HIM when the yamafans said he wouldn't show up for the outdoors on his bad ass yamaha 250..... I not only said he show up with his hurt wrist, I bet on him to show up and I bet on him to WIN..... Guess what, I was RIGHT!  

Much to your chagrin and a lot that you forget I get this shit RIGHT. 

I BET on Webb to win on his YZ250 when the Yamafaithful said he wouldn't even show up... I was right.

Now Webb is kicking ass on a KTM 450... and I'm still not a big fan. 

Am I suprised??? Hell no...  Why do you think I think I called him the LDC on his YZ250F yet bet on him at the same time? 

I like the guy, have been in his corner since he turned pro, but I'll say it has been difficult since 2015 even though he won two championships in 2016 and handed Herlings his ass as well.  But then again, I pull for riders because I like certain riders, not because of what color bike they ride.   And I rarely bet on a rider just because I like him over someone else.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

I like the guy, have been in his corner since he turned pro, but I'll say it has been difficult since 2015 even though he won two championships in 2016 and handed Herlings his ass as well.  But then again, I pull for riders because I like certain riders, not because of what color bike they ride.   And I rarely bet on a rider just because I like him over someone else.

I don't like the guy, not surprised a bike change helped him do a hell of a lot better. Not saying it's all bike but the bike has as much to do with it as any other factor does. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KTMRider4Life said:

You did...I don't feel like searching for it but I do remember you saying that.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

You want to know who wrote him off last year? That's a rhetorical question Kev so I'm going to go ahead and give you the answer.  

It was the YamaHumpers, the same guys who said he would never live up to the hype THEY CREATED when he was riding that bad ass YZ250F. We all remember how they said he would make the transition to the YZ450 and in their words "DOMINATE" . 

It's funny how the truth always bubbles up eventually, nobody who said the yz450 was a pile ever denied the yz250 was a good bike, or that that Cooper Webb didn't have what it takes.....

And I do remember one guy saying that Cooper Webb would be GONE after his first 450 contract with Factory Yamaha.... Who was that guy??

I tell you what, I'm willing to admit something big, you ready for it? 

Can you show me one person that said Coop would dominate on Blue? Just one would be fine, seeing as how you have a plethora to choose from, according to you.

5 hours ago, MANIAC998 said:

Can you show me one person that said Coop would dominate on Blue? Just one would be fine, seeing as how you have a plethora to choose from, according to you.

On 2/21/2016 at 5:13 PM, Chaconne said:

Nothing in 450s. Once their 250 guys move up Squid will be wearing that Blu Cru a lot... :lol:

BTW Are you sure about Roczen going to Honda? He looks dialed in right now to me on the RCH zuk. The musical chairs of teams seems to effect some riders more than others. My guess is KR will need half a season to adjust.

It was all over the forums when the martins and cooper were on the yam 250s....   It wasnt so much that folks said only cooper would dominate, no, no, no, Yamaha was going to have a whole team of dominate riders and Ryan Dungey was going to be retired and KTM would be nothing...   I called bull shit, said those guys would bail on yamaha, guess what, they all did.  Guess what, Dungey is retired, KTM still kicking major ass....👍  and with one of the Yamariders that sucked on blu cru.... 

And now Chaconne is about to buy himself a KTM!   You can't make this shit up!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

So Webb was Mr 8 to 14  and now he’s the shit? What change happened?  

I dont think hes gonna be consistantly enough.

He almost launched off his bike in the qualifier.

28 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

It was all over the forums when the martins and cooper were on the yam 250s....   It wasnt so much that folks said only cooper would dominate, no, no, no, Yamaha was going to have a whole team of dominate riders and Ryan Dungey was going to be retired and KTM would be nothing...   I called bull shit, said those guys would bail on yamaha, guess what, they all did.  Guess what, Dungey is retired, KTM still kicking major ass....👍  and with one of the Yamariders that sucked on blu cru.... 

Serious question, how come KTM does not develop their own guys from the 250's?  Jordan Smith and Mackerel Wrap are the next two guys I would say, but Smith is from the Honda program.  Hopefully the Mackerel gets his shot on a 450, I think he'll be a good one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Serious question, how come KTM does not develop their own guys from the 250's?  Jordan Smith and Mackerel Wrap are the next two guys I would say, but Smith is from the Honda program.  Hopefully the Mackerel gets his shot on a 450, I think he'll be a good one.

Ken Roczen and Marvin Musquin were developed from the KTM 250 program. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

You just did.

1 minute ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Ken Roczen and Marvin Musquin were developed from the KTM 250 program. 

Kenny road ktm reader program????????

1 minute ago, 777654321 said:

You just did.

Kenny road ktm reader program????????

I believe Kenny, like Dungey, came from Suzuki.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding 

No rider stays one brand all his career

• Like 2

I mean they obviously all can't be promoted, but there should be one guy out of every four that you'd think would make it.  Mackerel wrap will be a good one and he's the kind of guy you want representing your company.  A guy like Cantrell I see getting blown out, probably sooner rather than later.  

9 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

webb started out on ktm's.  your question is silly though,  they ask change brands.   how many kids started out on ktm 50's and 65's?  

answer: most of them.