On 2/9/2019 at 9:58 PM, KTMRider4Life said:

The Webb Wagon seems to be making a big difference in his riding....  Ricky's on board. I'd say it's hard for the Yamaboys to swallow but honestly most of them have jumped on the Orange train like @Chaconne even if they don't admit it...

webbthumnby-450x300 (1).jpg

BAIT!

• Haha 1

Well I remember the consistency of the haters going back 20ish years or so. 

They'll never win an outdoor race.
They'll never win an outdoor series.
They'll never win an sx race.
They'll never win an sx title
Now they're sweeping podiums at races. 

DeCoster took the helm and convinced the super slow/boring Dungey to sacrifice a few of his prime years in order to develop a great program. Props to KTM. However, I honestly believe the same effort with any of the other major brands would have turned out the same. They (along with many others) took a proven loser and made it into the dominant bike in the US. The independent variable is KTM and their full commitment to racing excellence. The other brands simply aren’t/weren’t as dedicated, and I don’t see that changing any time soon.

It’s all the people committed to excellence, which spawned the bike.
  • Helpful 1

Yes it's all I got

• Haha 4

Ok, so we've established in all of our professional and esteemed opinions that it was the bike.  For whatever reason, too tall, too fat, too powerful, gas tank under the seat, it was blue, Stewart cursed it......blah blah blah.  Is it possible to move forward or do we just continue to have thread after thread from the haters about this same thing and drill it further into the ground for what reason I have no clue?

• Helpful 1

I have seen many, many times that a change in bike can make a big difference. I have seen mediocre riders come alive when they have changed bikes, it can be the bike, it also can be a stigma involved with that bike. There are many factors but, yes many times it can be the bike. I am not a big fan of Cooper he's just another rider trying to make it in Motocross.

CR  

I will say the term 'Webb Wagon' does need to stop. I was already annoyed by how many times Ralph said it, the other night. So if that could stop now, that would be great.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, Wally63 said:

That's the point!  The white wash took him down

No.  You're as dense as @Chaconne.  He destroyed his foot on his Yamaha YZ250 training for straight rhythm.

Edited by redrider144

1 hour ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Ok, so we've established in all of our professional and esteemed opinions that it was the bike.  For whatever reason, too tall, too fat, too powerful, gas tank under the seat, it was blue, Stewart cursed it......blah blah blah.  Is it possible to move forward or do we just continue to have thread after thread from the haters about this same thing and drill it further into the ground for what reason I have no clue?

We can't stop until there are no Yamaswingers left on the face of the earth.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Barcia gone win another one and photos are gonna emerge on here trying to prove it was a orange bike with a blue makeover.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Chaconne said:

Ya the Husky was so good he hopped on the Zuke first chance out-of-dodge. Get the wang out of your throat.

There's a lot of things that went on behind the scenes that most don't know.  I like Reed and he wanted to stay on the Husky but his demands to get Husky to give him things he couldn't have as a non factory supported rider cost him any chance at a good result with the Husky big wigs and staying on the brand.  The bottom line is his own greediness cost him the chance to stay on the Husky.  IMO, he had his Husky dialed in pretty well at the end of last year and would be doing better this year on the Husky than he is on the Suzuki. 

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

1 minute ago, yzernie said:

There's a lot of things that went on behind the scenes that most don't know.  I like Reed and he wanted to stay on the Husky but his demands to get Husky to give him things he couldn't have as a non factory supported rider cost him any chance at a good result with the Husky big wigs and staying on the brand.  The bottom line is his own greediness cost him the chance to stay on the Husky.  IMO, he had his Husky dialed in pretty well at the end of last year and would be doing better this year on the Husky than he is on the Suzuki. 

Agree

1 hour ago, ah665 said:

I will say the term 'Webb Wagon' does need to stop. I was already annoyed by how many times Ralph said it, the other night. So if that could stop now, that would be great.

You have now ensured this will be mentioned in every thread for years to come..  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

35 minutes ago, 777654321 said:

Barcia gone win another one and photos are gonna emerge on here trying to prove it was a orange bike with a blue makeover.

He will lucky to podium the rest of the year.

4 hours ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Do you know (I know you do) how many years I was labeled a hater,  dumb, swinger and whole host of other things simply for speaking the truth?  Now you want to just say "oops we were wrong, maybe the bike did suck" and move on all quick like?

No sir, those few of us who took the collective beating deserve the opportunity  to beat the folks over the head who were wrong and dished out hate our way AT LEAST as long as you did to us. 

and you sir are pretty damn close to the top of that list so get in line and take your beating.   

Edit:I need to add it's not hate if it's true,  so don't label me a hater, you hater.  

1 hour ago, jetfuel said:

You have now ensured this will be mentioned in every thread for years to come..  :lol:

I think Aaaah is secretly a troll and that was his goal.  

Edited by KTMRider4Life
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Do you know (I know you do) how many years I was labeled a hater,  dumb, swinger and whole host of other things simply for speaking the truth?  Now you want to just say "oops we were wrong, maybe the bike did suck" and move on all quick like?

No sir, those few of us who took the collective beating deserve the opportunity  to beat the folks who were wrong and dished out hate our way AT LEAST as long as you did to us. 

and you sir are pretty damn close to the top of that list so get in line and take your beating.   

I think Aaaah is secretly a troll and that was his goal.  

United states government is giving tax exemptions to all past and current ktm owners for how they have been mistreated throughout history.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Webb is doing better because he changed motor oils..

Please feel free to add your YamaLube rebuttal. Or Mobil 1 or Shell Rotella or...

#SlipperySlope

Motul-300v-15w-50-1l__34767.1493059196.jpg

Edited by Kev_XR
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

No sir, those few of us who took the collective beating deserve the opportunity  to beat the folks over the head who were wrong and dished out hate our way AT LEAST as long as you did to us. 

Edit:I need to add it's not hate if it's true,  so don't label me a hater, you hater. 

Wait, rewind.  Did you actually just say you and your cronies took a collective beating?  That's hilarious! I'm sure the forum will cry buckets for you.  The fact of the matter is you're one of those guys that just like to keep picking at a scab, one way or another in every thread.  You can't let anything go.  Why do you care so much if people don't believe as you do?  It's actually ok for people to make their own choices.  It's the sign of a very little man inside.  To be honest, most of your possie are pretty cool and don't integrate that crap into every other post like you do.  

Hate has nothing to do with truth.  Maybe that's where you are confused.  

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1