Playersc

2017 KTM 85 SX spring rate

So my son just moved up to the 85 class and we purchased a used KTM 85sx. We the suspension service by Powerband Racing at ClubMX in Chesterfield, SC. My son weighs 77lbs/35kgs, the suspension valving was left stock/factory, the fork springs were changed from stock (3.4n/mm) to .27kg and rear kept stock (35-215). Do these numbers sound correct because according to the manual and sag measurements we’ve taken the rear spring needs to be softer?

So my son just moved up to the 85 class and we purchased a used KTM 85sx. We the suspension service by Powerband Racing at ClubMX in Chesterfield, SC. My son weighs 77lbs/35kgs, the suspension valving was left stock/factory, the fork springs were changed from stock (3.4n/mm) to .27kg and rear kept stock (35-215). Do these numbers sound correct because according to the manual and sag measurements we’ve taken the rear spring needs to be softer?

85s PDS work well with a progressive spring
Listed below is a racetech chart IMG_0997.JPG
The P10 is going to be the best spring.
The setting list recommends if you calculate an initial rate of less than 20N/mm to get the “ideal” sag values.
IMG_0998.JPG
Eg. 55kg = 40N/mm 45kg=30N/mm 35kg=20N/mm

Adjust the sag values to the best compromise . It is far more important to get the installed spring preload with at least 4mm + preload than to chase 100mm of rider sag!
If you end up with 85-90 just slide the forks down to adjust the chassis.
Personally i’d run 0.30N/mm (0.29kg/mm) fork springs for that rider weight

Good luck

You need a softer rear spring

Thanks for the wealth of information, where can I find the fork and shock setting list online?

ktmshop.se