New to Honda is this noise normal

Yep, sounds normal since you have it up on a stand (pushes sound upwards). Used to get a lot of post when folks would put a metal skid plate on and you would hear all kinds of crazy sounds coming up!!!

Cool thanks I used to ride kawis and they had valve noise anything to look out for on these bikes or common problems

G,

I've had an '03, '07, 12,  and now a 17 and I posted in this forum about how disappointed I was in the 17 (clutch toasted less than 30 hrs, new top end like 2 weeks ago). I think (and mechanic thinks) I got a lemon (poor workmanship from what he can tell after replacing parts) since this bike has never seen a race (yet) and all the others I raced HS and MX (full seasons here in FL). I usually get about 2 yrs b4 a top end and never had a clutch go on the others!!! (I did have the cam shaft tensioner go on the '07 - mechanic said he's never seen a Honda one break- Suzuki yes, Honda never, until me;)

Change your oil often, like every 3-5 rides, keep the air filter spotless and keep the bike clean and you should have a great bike!!!!:thumbsup:

G,
I've had an '03, '07, 12,  and now a 17 and I posted in this forum about how disappointed I was in the 17 (clutch toasted less than 30 hrs, new top end like 2 weeks ago). I think (and mechanic thinks) I got a lemon (poor workmanship from what he can tell after replacing parts) since this bike has never seen a race (yet) and all the others I raced HS and MX (full seasons here in FL). I usually get about 2 yrs b4 a top end and never had a clutch go on the others!!! (I did have the cam shaft tensioner go on the '07 - mechanic said he's never seen a Honda one break- Suzuki yes, Honda never, until me
Change your oil often, like every 3-5 rides, keep the air filter spotless and keep the bike clean and you should have a great bike!!!!:thumbsup:

Cool thanks and yah I already replaced cam chain and tensioner the other day the old was bad

On 2/11/2019 at 6:55 AM, greggy said:

Cool thanks I used to ride kawis and they had valve noise anything to look out for on these bikes or common problems

keep an eye on your shim/decompression clearances

keep an eye on your shim/decompression clearances

Alrighty bike starts about 3rd kick now when I actually get a good kick on it just put a bunch into it hopefully it works out good

2 minutes ago, greggy said:

Alrighty bike starts about 3rd kick now when I actually get a good kick on it just put a bunch into it hopefully it works out good

also make sure before you kick it hard just gently push the kicker so that the motor is at top dead center thats when you wanna kick it hard

also make sure before you kick it hard just gently push the kicker so that the motor is at top dead center thats when you wanna kick it hard

Yah I always do that I got into a habit with that because my kx250f I had was fully built and the only way I could get a good kick on it was from top dead center but it’s fire first kick every time

9 minutes ago, greggy said:

Yah I always do that I got into a habit with that because my kx250f I had was fully built and the only way I could get a good kick on it was from top dead center but it’s fire first kick every time

true true also sometimes it helps to pump the throttle like 2 or 3 times before kicking unless you have efi then i dont think it will do anything oh and dont do this more than once before it starts or you might flood the motor

Edited by Adin 244

Yah it’s carbed it’s a 06 been riding for a long time and wrenching on them to just curious on any normal issues people have