wr250ish

Used dirt bike gear

What do you guys do with your unused extra dirt bike gear ?  I'm not really interested in selling it, but was curious if there was somewhere to donate it ? 

1 hour ago, wr250ish said:

What do you guys do with your unused extra dirt bike gear ?  I'm not really interested in selling it, but was curious if there was somewhere to donate it ? 

Couple options for you:

Post up a pay it forward type ad and give it all to someone who can use it (they pay shipping), bundle a nice package and say you will not split it up - post it cheap for a quick sale. 

Edited by Mikek671
  • Like 4

If it's in good shape I will give it away to someone. Normally someone young that's in the military. If it used and we'll worn it goes in the trash.

• Like 1

Great responses !!!!

Just post it up on craigslist giving details and that everything is FREE !!!

16 minutes ago, Center Punch said:

Great responses !!!!

Just post it up on craigslist giving details and that everything is FREE !!!

I'd rather throw it away than deal with craigslist tools

• Like 2

Do you ever go to moto events. Take it with you, ask the organizer if they know a person/family that would benefit. Give it to them

5 minutes ago, wr250ish said:

I'd rather throw it away than deal with craigslist tools

Seems we have different experiences with craigslist.

Maybe it's the location ?

Just now, Center Punch said:

Seems we have different experiences with craigslist.

Maybe it's the location ?

Que?

52 minutes ago, Center Punch said:

Well maybe it's the ability to communicate properly ?

It was a joke.........

I'd prefer to give the gear away.  Most is new higher end items that were outgrown before being  used. I don't want any money for it but I won't give it to a craigslist schmuck for resale. Just curious if there were organizations or clubs that dealt with things like this

Edited by wr250ish
  • Like 3

Leave them at a ride area worst case. Contact local club and give to them

The way I see it, these are the options I can think of :

1. Reach out to a church group. They deal with all sorts of people dealing with all sorts of issues. They might know someone that could use it,  you never know. They can maybe benefit from the sale of the items as well, but I don't think that's what you have in mind.

2. Craigslist. Ya &%$#@! that. Give it to some schmuck who sells it for profit or some ingrate who'll brag to his bros he got it for free with some BS story. No Bueno.

3. Keep it for a friend or family member that might need it or are deciding to take up the sport.

4. Take it to a club race. They would know someone that could use the gear.

5. Donate it to a riding school for them to use/help someone starting out.

You're on the right track here for good karma. Good on ya.Pay it forward. I hope you find someone that can use the gear that is worthy of this good karma. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

The local dirt bike club has a gear closet at one of the clubs members business. New members can get anything they need. Us that have been a member for a while have to give something to get something, keeps the closet from going empty.

All good. If posted on Craigslist, chances are it may show up later on Ebay or at the local flea market.  If someone does this to earn needed $, who's to say it didn't go to a good cause? That's for the giver to decide.

13 hours ago, wr250ish said:

It was a joke.........

I'd prefer to give the gear away.  Most is new higher end items that were outgrown before being  used. I don't want any money for it but I won't give it to a craigslist schmuck for resale. Just curious if there were organizations or clubs that dealt with things like this

You could find a local riding group or race series and post on their website or facebook. Way more likely to find someone genuine than just some random stoner from craigslist. 

• Like 1