Luggage suggestions

Looking for recommendations for some bags for my XRL. I want soft bags, and probably a bag to go over the rear fender. I will likely carry gear for a couple nights of camping (food, sleeping bag, hammock, tools etc). What have you guys used that you like, things you thought you would like and didn’t? I couldn’t find a post for this yet so, sorry if there is ones out there.

I liked my ogio saddlebags. Cheap, they work well for their design, and no luggage rack needed. I used a 25l North face duffle that straps on top with no rack also. plenty o room.

• Like 1

I liked my ogio saddlebags. Cheap, they work well for their design, and no luggage rack needed. I used a 25l North face duffle that straps on top with no rack also. plenty o room.

Got any pictures of the set up on the bike? Are the bags water proof?

Got any pictures of the set up on the bike? Are the bags water proof?
They have built in covers that zip away, I also sprayed some motul water repellant on em. Works great. Sadly no pictures. Look em up on Google.

Thanks for the suggestion and feedback.  I just ordered a pair.

I really like my giant loop bag, it is very durable waterproof material and packs tight to the bike. It is not as big as multi-bag setups, but if you want convenient its great, I combo it with a backpack. Pricing was not cheap but I do feel I got the quality I paid for.

If putting extra weight on the tail section think about some bolt-in or weld-in bracing.

I think some people make a simple straight bracket that goes from the tail section to the passenger peg mount.

• Like 1

If putting extra weight on the tail section think about some bolt-in or weld-in bracing.
I think some people make a simple straight bracket that goes from the tail section to the passenger peg mount.

I don’t plan on packing too much weight, but I am going to brace the tail section anyways. Rather be safe than sorry, then i don’t have to worry about it in the even that I do put more weight back there. Just trying to decide now if I want to buy some or make some. I’m a cheapskate, and love any excuse to drag out the welder

3 hours ago, DCcycleworks said:

I don’t plan on packing too much weight, but I am going to brace the tail section anyways. Rather be safe than sorry, then i don’t have to worry about it in the even that I do put more weight back there. Just trying to decide now if I want to buy some or make some. I’m a cheapskate, and love any excuse to drag out the welder

Options

https://procycle.us/luggage/luggage.html#saddlebags

Built not bought! If I can help it I do all my own work.
  • Like 2