Agr0

Quad for 4 year old daughter

She is 44" 47LB.  She rides her 12V powerwheels quad around my house and puts around camp when we go to the desert.  She loves riding in the RZR and is all about roller coasters, etc.  (loved Space Mountain at Disneyland at 3yrs old (yes they let her on)).  She has gear and wants to ride, but I am not sure what to get her.  I am looking for some input.  I like the idea of gas as it is just so dang easy to fill it up and keep on riding.  Charging a battery can work but if she uses up all the juice and I need to charge for 12 hours that really kills the day, and might mean I need to run my generator that whole time in the desert?  For gas, I really want automatic, electric start and "ideally" a way to govern her speed.  Ideally I dont want to buy some super expensive multi-thousand $ brand new quad only for her to ride it for a while and outgrow it.

Razor Dirt Quad (24v, but for another $120 can do 36v).  $200-$250 used - $450 new
Mini quad 50-60cc, various chinese options on the internet $650-$750
another.... ?

try a Suzuki LT 90 or 80. it was my first real quad and had plenty of power to keep me happy for years. you can govern the throttle like any other thumb throttle and that kept me at safe speeds till I was ready to go a little faster. it is a 2-stroke but the powerband is almost unnoticeable. they're really a bulletproof quad and they have electric start. no gears to worry about, just hit the gas and go.

Hope that helps!

Edited by AEthan
wider range of option

I bought two of the chinese ones for my daughters. They’ve been a blast but they are a lot of maintenance. If I could go back I think I would rather have one Name brand. Even if she outgrows it you can trade or get most of your money back if you maintain and bought a good used one out the gate

try a Suzuki LT 90 or 80. it was my first real quad and had plenty of power to keep me happy for years. you can govern the throttle like any other thumb throttle and that kept me at safe speeds till I was ready to go a little faster. it is a 2-stroke but the powerband is almost unnoticeable. they're really a bulletproof quad and they have electric start. no gears to worry about, just hit the gas and go.
Hope that helps!

I’ll search around for used inventory n see. Thank you.

I bought two of the chinese ones for my daughters. They’ve been a blast but they are a lot of maintenance. If I could go back I think I would rather have one Name brand. Even if she outgrows it you can trade or get most of your money back if you maintain and bought a good used one out the gate

Any idea the brand and cc smoker or 4stroke, etc? The 58cc and small Chinese ones that have all the bells n whistles are not California legal (carb) so won’t get a red or green sticker so can only ride it on private property, which won’t cut it. Once you go 110cc it’s green sticker like the Coolster or other brands (knock off Honda’s I hear)?

I went with tao tao just bc a local person was selling but then had it shipped here for a better deal. I got the 125s so they could have reverse. They problem with any of them is that they are geared to have no torque if you limit the throttle to much the slightest hill they can’t get up. You have to replace chain and sprockets out the gate. Carbs are irregular one day they run great not the other. Bolts come loose from stamped steel. So figure throwing a couple hundred bucks more out the gate to get it somewhat reliable

But they love them. Its been worth it to have one for each. Pink camo makes you laugh too when your warming up for them

I have no idea on red or green stickers. Yes to Honda clones lots of available aftermarket parts