The problem with Motorcycles

51 minutes ago, VELORACERMIKE said:

One is never enough...That is all.

No, not all, 'till I've had my say. :D

True, one is not enough, but three is too many, so two is the perfect number. :prof:

That means I win and you lose, but I'm happy to share that wisdom. ?

• Sad 2

No, not all, 'till I've had my say. [emoji3]
True, one is not enough, but three is too many, so two is the perfect number. :prof:
That means I win and you lose, but I'm happy to share that wisdom. [emoji106]
I have three... Want more... May need a 12 Step program [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, VELORACERMIKE said:

I have three... Want more... May need a 12 Step program emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Saw that, thus my comment.

Three has been too many for me.

I'm not that familiar with Euro street bikes but it appears you have two similar?

Anyway I make do with a '14 690R for off road/exploring BDR type stuff and a '03 Z1000 for Arizona slab as well as cross country.

:cheers:

Saw that, thus my comment.
Three has been too many for me.
I'm not that familiar with Euro street bikes but it appears you have two similar?
Anyway I make do with a '14 690R for off road/exploring BDR type stuff and a '03 Z1000 for Arizona slab as well as cross country.
The Aprilia and the Ducati are different bikes in every way. The Duc is my art piece. Gets ridden on special occasions and only when it's perfect weather. The Aprilia is my go to street bike. Love my Beta 4T but now I want a 2T to go along with with it [emoji16]
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Flagstaff said:

No, not all, 'till I've had my say. :D

That means I win and you lose, but I'm happy to share that wisdom. ?

I have 3....  A dedicated street bike, a semi-DUALsport and a dirt bike.  Perfection!

Edited by RichBaker
This editor sucks!
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, RichBaker said:

I have 3....  A dedicated street bike, a semi-final sport and a dirt bike.  Perfection!

I had a '06 WR450 and have often considered adding a 250-300 2-smoke, but the single tract around here I can navigate on the 690 with a bit of effort and it's just circles anyway. 100 yards from my shop is the Coconino and from there I can travel much of Arizona, Utah, and beyond just kissing slab. Well, except that part over the canyon.

The Z I bought new in '06 and has been in about every state west of a line roughly from Michigan to Louisiana and does the Devils Highway at least once every year. 

For me, that is perfection, what else could a poor old geezer want? 

Everyone finds their balance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mad Mark said:

what really sucks is when you do all kinds of riding you end up with a bike for every disaplen. I have a dirtbike, kart track bike, sport bike, flat tracker, and now I want a dual sport. Wish I just liked mx.

I got a pair of 17" sm wheels for the WR... Covers kart track and kinda flat track, if we had a flat track.

5 hours ago, S10gto said:

Motorcycles are tools. If one did it all maybe I would only have one...nah that's no fun. Collect them all!

Exactly it's why I have 4 bicycles...TT, Road Race, Crit and MTB.....If I had the space and could convince my kids to quit college and be barista's for the rest of their lives I'd take all that college money I'm forking out and I'd have at least 10 M/C's.  I'd love a 300 2T, a trials bike an Adventure bike, and don't get me started on street only.  I've been pretty good about keeping my addiction in check. I've had at most 3 street bikes at any given time.  My Ducati 996 is a special bike. It's IMHO the most beautiful sport bike ever made and this one is special. If I could it would be in the house on display ?