2019 Harley Davidson F150 Pick-up: what do you think?

I bought a brand new F150 in 1995 for just under $14k. I sold it 6 months later and have never bought a new vehicle since. The prices are ridiculous. 

If it has the words "Harley Davidson" on it you've paid to much. Paying for "Cool Factor" is a waste of money. It won't haul your stuff any better than a plain Jane truck. In fact, the plain Jane truck will allow you to keep more of your money so you can spend it on motorcycles ... Amen Brother! But hey, that's just the way I think, if it makes you happy go for it. You are doubting your decision already that should be a sign when in doubt go without. That's a hefty price tag to end up with buyer's remorse. It's the dead of winter they will be hungry for sales go in and offer a low ball offer at the end of the month. If they refuse just walk out the door. Before you get home they will call with a counter offer, dicker from a position of strength. Trust me they want your money, that gives you the power. Whatever you decide I hope you are happy. Good luck

• Helpful 1

If you drive that truck does your lady friend sitting passenger have to have missing teeth and a face that looks like a catchers mit. 

Also do you need a leather vest when driving? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Demo_man said:

Not a fan of the twin turbo eco boost, My wife used our F-150 3.5eco boost as her daily driver and we got rid of it after the second turbo replacement. Each covered under warranty of course. I traded it for an little Audi for her and I got a Ram 2500.  The ram is better in almost every way except it’s a little big and takes a while to warm up.

My 3.5 ecoboost in my 2014 is at 73k miles, no issues yet but that's pretty low miles still.  I love the engine though, the low torque is phenomenal and I rarely get over 2500 rpm when driving and still manage to stay ahead of traffic, while getting around 18 mpg in a 4x4 crew cab.

When I do get on it, it's a beast.  Mines tuned and will leave a long black streak if I stomp the gas at any speed under 25 mph.

30 minutes ago, bassjam said:

My 3.5 ecoboost in my 2014 is at 73k miles, no issues yet but that's pretty low miles still.  I love the engine though, the low torque is phenomenal and I rarely get over 2500 rpm when driving and still manage to stay ahead of traffic, while getting around 18 mpg in a 4x4 crew cab.

When I do get on it, it's a beast.  Mines tuned and will leave a long black streak if I stomp the gas at any speed under 25 mph.

Mine was a 2014 also. I also had a 2006 5.4l, which I should have never gotten rid of. I really like that 5.4 engine. 

For the price I paid for the New F-150 in 2013,  I got a New Laramie Limited Ram 4x4 with Cummins 6.7l in 2016. All around I like the Ram better but they both have their pluses and minuses. 

13 minutes ago, Demo_man said:

Mine was a 2014 also. I also had a 2006 5.4l, which I should have never gotten rid of. I really like that 5.4 engine. 

For the price I paid for the New F-150 in 2013,  I got a New Laramie Limited Ram 4x4 with Cummins 6.7l in 2016. All around I like the Ram better but they both have their pluses and minuses. 

I was talking to a guy at a plant I was visiting during a business trip that said the same thing.  He had owned a 2014 FX4 F150 identical to mine that he had bought used, and sold it after a couple years and bought a new 1500 Laramie for less than he paid for the used FX4.  We started talking because my rental for the week was a 2017 Laramie that was identical to his.  Nice truck, the ride was great and I like having that V8 sound.  I avoided Ram when I was looking for a truck in 2015 because I'm used to their spotty quality through the 90's and 2000's, but it appears they may be turning that around.