Trail mods for KTM

Hey guys! I’ve purchased a KTM recently. It’s the first KTM I’ve ever owned so please spare me. I’ve ridden Yamahas since I was a kid so I’m learning a lot about this new breed of dirtbike. I’m coming off of a 2009 YZ450F. The 450 had a 13oz GYTR flywheel, Devol lowering link and zeta low down kit for the front forks. It was my trail pig and I enjoyed it but came across a good deal on a 2014 350 sxf. I’m a short rider coming in at 5 foot 7 and 215 pounds of solid muscle ;)

My questions are what are some options that you KTM riders have added to your bike to clean it up for trail riding? I’ve purchased a low seat already but I’m looking for a little more drop to get a good foot on the ground. Anyways, oblige me! IMG_5747.JPG

Quieter exhaust and spark arrestor, maybe one from an XCF-W if you can find one (double check that it bolts up to the stock SX header).  Less sound = more ground!  The stock XCF-W exhausts are good, include spark arrestors and should be quieter than the SX exhaust.  I believe the stock XCF exhaust (non-W version) might even be quieter than the SX exhaust, though no spark arrestor.  IMHO the 350sx throttle is too touchy when cracking it open from idle for tight woods work.  I never notice it on the motocross track or faster stuff, but in tight woods it's a PITA, IMHO anyway.  So if it bothers you, look at the G2 Ergonomics throttle tamer, or the milder throttle cam if your bike came with it.  Again only for the tight stuff, but I believe the cooling fan from the EXC should bolt on with minimal work.  I'm in the South East and our trails are really tight, so that's where most of my experience is, not sure if it applies to your area or not.  

If you have the chance, take that thing to the motocross track.  It's a blast there, and pulls harder and revs higher than you would expect.  

• Like 1