Bryan Bosch

Up to $6 million in Contingency is Available for Suzuki Off-road and Motocross Riders

For the 2019 motorcycle racing season, Suzuki Motor of America, Inc., (SMAI) is putting up to $6 million in racing contingency money for off-road and motocross riders to race the all-new Suzuki RM-Z250, RM-Z450, RM85, and RMX450Z.

rmz450.jpg
2019 Suzuki RM-Z250

Suzuki MX & Off-Road Contingency Program:

Suzuki’s MX and Off-road contingency has been expanded with the addition of several premier off-road racing championships plus continued support of AMA Supercross, AMA Motocross, and a variety of amateur series. The program includes track-side support and double contingency payout at selected events.

“Suzuki has a rich history supporting racers in all disciplines across the country with our excellent contingency program,” said Chris Wheeler, MX Support Manager. “It is important for the Suzuki brand to continue improving this program and helping as many riders as possible to get out and race more often. We are excited to have so many Suzuki riders out there doing what they love. And, not only do they get to take advantage of one of the industry’s largest contingency programs but they get to be part of something more with the Suzuki RM Army initiative.”

Built on a championship-winning legacy, the RM Army program is designed to create passion and unity between Suzuki and its racers. Through Suzuki’s Amateur Racing Support, RM Army amateur racers can take full advantage of program benefits including a once in a lifetime opportunity to attend  Camp Carmichael; a unique and exclusive program that provides Suzuki amateur racers the chance to train with 15-time MX/SX Champion, Ricky Carmichael, at his private training facility in Cairo, Georgia. During this two-day camp, “The G.O.A.T” will help riders improve their overall MX skills and cover topics such as fitness, training, and bike set-up.

rc.jpg
G.O.A.T

Register for Suzuki contingency and race your way to the top of the podium. Getting started is as simple as this:

• Own an eligible Suzuki model (or use an eligible Suzuki engine)
  • Complete the online registration process at  racesuzuki.com
  • Race a specified event on the Suzuki Contingency Payout Schedule
  • Place in a paying position
  • Receive your rewards directly into your digital wallet

To learn more about Suzuki’s 2019 contingency program and all available benefits, please visit  racesuzuki.com  or  suzukicycles.com/racing.

zuki.png

• Like 5

That's all the profit for every single Suzuki off road bike gone

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mog said:

Yes, but that's only what is available, they certainly won't pay out nearly that much, due to many circumstances. This is merely to entice some into purchasing the bike and trying to win some of that money.

• Like 2

real question is...

is this the last act of desperation from the Zuke brass, or is this a sign that the era of apathy is ending ???

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, mog said:

The $$ is heavily weighted towards wins / top 5.

SX - 1st $12000 / 6th - 10th $500

No Suzuki privateers are getting SX top 5, so that's $800,000 out of the $1M for SX for sure that they won't be paying out.

They advertise up to $6M, the actual payout will be under $1M.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 2

2 hours ago, daled said:

real question is...

is this the last act of desperation from the Zuke brass, or is this a sign that the era of apathy is ending ???

I really think the latter.  Suzuki lead the way back in the day.

Start with bringing back the full floater rear update on the next generation 

• Like 5

At least they are trying ,even if the bikes get little attention

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mog said:

At least they are trying ,even if the bikes get little attention

Is this a horrid POS? Not at all.  

We argue Orange and Blue all day but are they thousands of bucks better when you do not even have a thousand?

If I lived high desert here and rode that and they gave me one of these screaming deals I have been hearing about I would buy it.

So Cal Desert on a RM 450 would be no problem at all. 

• Like 2

I like this. Doesn't matter if Suzuki pays out 6 million or 20 grand after 2019 is all said and done, putting a deal like this out there for hungry, fast riders, unnoticed riders is what matters. We'll see if anyone shows up and claims some cash.

• Like 2

Trouble with Suzuki and Kawasaki is resale value ,you can't give them away ,great deal new ,bike for life

Around here plenty of guys ride them. They have a lot of support from a couple local dealers. I still see them going for a few hundred less than yami and Honda but they can also be had for less brand new. You can usually get left over zuks for 5700 brand new. Lefts over yamis are usually 6800.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 2

Hands down the best damn looking bike out right now.  Yea they are a bit heavy and should come with estart, but they are a great reliable bike that turns incredibly well. Not many can people on the planet can ride this bike to its limits, not to mention the other lighter estart bikes. Buy a new Suzuki, spend the money you saved  and customize the bike to your liking , go out and race , have fun and grab some of that Suzuki contingency money.... Good on Suzuki!

• Like 6

I did just that on 07 and 10 ,the 10 was mint not many hours ,took many months to sell and it sold for almost what a 10 sells for now !! This was in 13 lol

I rode an '03 RM 250 and mopped up on contingency back then. They were generous I think they were paying $400 for a class win and that was B class in our local hare scramble series. If I remember it was $200 for 2nd. I think I made close to a grand that year. You could buy a lot of parts for a $1000........if I still raced a ton I would consider another RM. Loved the '03 was my first and only Zuk but it lived up to it's rep of not being very durable.......

• Like 3

Does Yamaha still do YZ Bucks??
Not in my local off-road series but they still do some Moto stuff at least they still did when I bought my '17. Back in the day I think a Yamaha win was like $100 bucks ( B class) in our local off-road series.
  • Like 1

Husqvarna_Logo.jpg

Husqvarna Contingency Program

Competition is the essence of riding motorcycles, and as pioneers of the sport, Husqvarna Motorcycles is proud to offer its all-new contingency program. This elite program offers rewards to Husqvarna racers - both amateur and pro-level - in the United States and Canada. Over $3M in cash (pros) or dealer credits (amateurs) available for top finishes at nearly 1,000 events / series across North America.

Through a special partnership with Hookit, the new RaceHusky.com site uses the latest technology and features to help Husqvarna expand its support and connection between its racers, dealers and promoters.

There are NO fees for riders, promoters or dealers to participate.

How It Works

FOR RIDERS

Rider account and profile to add Husqvarna bikes and view / manage awards

AMATEURS earn Husqvarna Contingency for dealer credit to use within 1 year of event

PROS earn Husqvarna Contingency in specified series and classes / check or direct deposit

24/7 access from a computer or mobile device

Geo-targeted features to find nearby Husqvarna Contingency races and dealers

Personalized alerts when Husqvarna awards are earned and redeemed

• Like 1