akosi

Supercross Futures for Fun

I'm wanting to ride the Indy Supercross Futures just to do it and have fun. However I've never been on a supercross track or even a stadium track so I'm wondering if anyone has some experience just going to ride and have fun at one of these events. I'd run Open C and on a good day at a motocross I'm running mid pack Open B. Thoughts? I'm thinking it's not an issue but I don't want to show up and obviously not belong there. I'm 27 and I got work the following Monday so it's just for fun.

I think it would be fun.  However, when I was looking at the track in person this weekend, I looked at a few jumps and could say to myself, yes, I would hit that double.  But after that double you are going to be going right back up a jump face, over and over and over again.  Just consider that.  

I have heard the tone down the track for the futures race. Were you looking at the pro track or the futures track? 

1 hour ago, akosi said:

I'm wanting to ride the Indy Supercross Futures just to do it and have fun. However I've never been on a supercross track or even a stadium track so I'm wondering if anyone has some experience just going to ride and have fun at one of these events. I'd run Open C and on a good day at a motocross I'm running mid pack Open B. Thoughts? I'm thinking it's not an issue but I don't want to show up and obviously not belong there. I'm 27 and I got work the following Monday so it's just for fun.

You'll be fine! Go do it! You'll have tons of fun on that track!!

Some friends said they went to watch one of the Amateur supercross races this year in PHX and they said the serious injury rate was very high...said they ran out of stretchers at one point. Probably exaggerating, but...

As long as you don't try to ride over your head I think you should be OK. The issue I have seen is when the local guys show up at the Supercross race and try to hang with the pro's. They usually end up getting carted off.

Supercross is so specialized I think this is a good attempt to get more racers exposed to the complexity of the tracks and prepare them for what lays ahead.