TigerTanker's Bike Build Thread FE450 & FX350

Screenshot_20190815-214717_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9cc5aa10173881747747a2b541fba3f1.jpgThis is what can happen early morning in the redwood forest. Ps TigerTanker, your porcupine story made me smile, but my old pound rescues vet bill had me nearly in tears! There were so many in the roof of her mouth, it was hell just trying to pull them all out from around her eyes so I took her in.. the young guy in the back got a pain pill and sat on while I used a pair of husqvarna tool pack pliers on him. A native friend took the peaceful (dead) porcupine home to make things with the quills that were left intact. I have a bag of hundreds more. 

I'm sure you've spent more on fixing your bike than I did on this though lol

20190723_115047.thumb.jpg.8ff9e47b5233c2d7f90876988280b9e4.jpg

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, tyler90 said:

Screenshot_20190815-214717_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9cc5aa10173881747747a2b541fba3f1.jpgThis is what can happen early morning in the redwood forest. Ps TigerTanker, your porcupine story made me smile, but my old pound rescues vet bill had me nearly in tears! There were so many in the roof of her mouth, it was hell just trying to pull them all out from around her eyes so I took her in.. the young guy in the back got a pain pill and sat on while I used a pair of husqvarna tool pack pliers on him. A native friend took the peaceful (dead) porcupine home to make things with the quills that were left intact. I have a bag of hundreds more. 

I'm sure you've spent more on fixing your bike than I did on this though lol

20190723_115047.thumb.jpg.8ff9e47b5233c2d7f90876988280b9e4.jpg

I used to hunt with a guy, one of his dogs got into a porcupine and lost an eye. Probably 25 yrs ago. I’ll never forget it and the lesson it conveyed. 

On 8/15/2019 at 11:32 AM, TigerTanker said:

Dan is using parts from ktmandhusky parts to get rid of the zig zag 90 degree fuel line

Here is what it now looks like. 

A kink in a fuel line is like a watering hose pinched

22E06879-B8B1-42AA-919C-BB5A98A0442E.jpeg

D0EB7FFF-8E4B-4D36-B72F-3D704D5C81E7.jpeg

469861AC-CD78-45C6-B373-55E1087A5278.jpeg

So this is what I did and it runs better, well it does for me. When we were out riding, what did you think of my FX350? I don't believe you said.

Sad your FX350 did not work out for you, mine has been an outstanding machine and could not love it more. I see you've gone back to a 300 2 stroke, oh well, hope it makes you happy. I also hope people see your bike for the lemon it was and not as what an FX350 is all about. Your experience with the machine is not typical. Take Hans Schmid for example, his FX350 has been ridden to the extreme and has helped him achieve Pro Hard Enduro status. His bike has a sh1t ton of hours and performs like few other bikes types with hardly any modifications at all, which is more typical of what these machines are. There has been no place I've been that my FX350 has not been the best bike I've had there. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pittbull said:

Sad your FX350 did not work out for you, mine has been an outstanding machine and could not love it more. I see you've gone back to a 300 2 stroke, oh well, hope it makes you happy. I also hope people see your bike for the lemon it was and not as what an FX350 is all about. Your experience with the machine is not typical. Take Hans Schmid for example, his FX350 has been ridden to the extreme and has helped him achieve Pro Hard Enduro status. His bike has a sh1t ton of hours and performs like few other bikes types with hardly any modifications at all, which is more typical of what these machines are. There has been no place I've been that my FX350 has not been the best bike I've had there. 

I rode @ride200mi bike and the fx350 is a great bike. Mine has some strange problem. Earlier today I dropped the bike off at the dealer. I feel good that no matter what, the dealer that has a great reputation will take care of me. 

Spending the weekend west of Yakima and just finished a fun ride day at Rimrock 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Pittbull said:

*standing ovation* @Pitbull

If I could've hit that LIKE button 10 more times I would've...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

I rode @ride200mi bike and the fx350 is a great bike. Mine has some strange problem. Earlier today I dropped the bike off at the dealer. I feel good that no matter what, the dealer that has a great reputation will take care of me. 

Spending the weekend west of Yakima and just finished a fun ride day at Rimrock 

Looking forward to seeing what the dealer finds, that had to be a frustrating experience. Personally I think EVERYTHING electrical should be replaced. No more testing, just strip and replace. EVERYTHING! PERIOD!

Looking forward to seeing what the dealer finds, that had to be a frustrating experience. Personally I think EVERYTHING electrical should be replaced. No more testing, just strip and replace. EVERYTHING! PERIOD!

Not a bad idea in my opinion. A couple dollars in a new harness and a hour or so of labor could possibly prevent many frustrating moments. One more thing to eliminate potential issues.
  • Like 1

I’m fortunate to have 2 then 3 bikes. I swear that usually one bike is fubar at all times. 

Spent the weekend with my new 300. I’ve got 5 rides on that bike, wide variety of stuff including super gnar and tight fast stuff. Good grief that bike is solid...

3 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=b3312acf975e3c54I’m fortunate to have 2 then 3 bikes. I swear that usually one bike is fubar at all times. 

Spent the weekend with my new 300. I’ve got 5 rides on that bike, wide variety of stuff including super gnar and tight fast stuff. Good grief that bike is solid...

glug,glug,glug. I think 10 miles or so at high revs on the pavement really sucked the gas. That's my theory on the emergence of the 450 as the fueling tender. Glad to hear you are really digging the 300. I tinkered with getting a 300, then all the closeouts were gone...

On 8/18/2019 at 8:09 PM, TigerTanker said:

Nope. I’m taking the bike to the dealer in Yakima on Friday. 

The problem stinks of electrical issue. I am going with a bad sensor, that when jostled cuts out the ignition. Could be the tip-over sensor, crank position/speed,. throttle position sensor etc. there are a ton of them on these bikes. Either installed poorly or has wiring/ connection issue or just a bad sensor. 

1 minute ago, WesA321 said:

So 11.5 hours and my clutch failed on my 19 FE450. Such BS man!

That is terrible and it's a very well known problem. Perhaps I should make a video lampooning Husqvarna/KTM about this? 

They really should have recalled the bikes.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

That is terrible and it's a very well known problem. Perhaps I should make a video lampooning Husqvarna/KTM about this? 

They really should have recalled the bikes.  

Def.  did u replace yours. I’m thinking of going to the recluse slave over the OEM fix. Don’t wanna be in the sticks and it fails again 

1 minute ago, WesA321 said:

Def.  did u replace yours. I’m thinking of going to the recluse slave over the OEM fix. Don’t wanna be in the sticks and it fails again 

My bike was bought in Feb of 2019, maybe mine is ok? I've probably now got about 100-150 hrs on my bike?

But I'll pack my sandals just in case...