Tahoe Gator

How to de-water or dispose of gas?

Find the nearest storm drain......

Stubborn weeds that won't die......

Bon fire starter.....

The options are endless. 

Unless that fuel is mixed with unicorn semen it's not worth saving or using. Ten bucks of fuel on a "maybe" will cost you ten fold in the end. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Have used Methylated Spirits many, many times. It absorbs the water from the fuel, then evaporates itself. We don't have ethanol in our fuel though. A cap and a half in a 5litre jug is enough.

For anyone else reading this thread into whatever distant future: FYI “methylated spirits” = “denatured alcohol” ... I know because I had to look it up. Worth noting, poking around on Google suggests that denatured alcohol could be bad idea...one example...

“I'm not a chemist but can tell you this isopropyl alcohol will mix with water and burn removing the water from the fuel tank. Denatured alcohol will not mix with the water and will be in the tank about forever so now you have 2 bad things in the fuel tank.”

...seems opinions are mixed. So be careful.

Dawn will act like an emulsifier releasing the surface tension in the water and fuel molecules allowing them to blend together.

3 hours ago, Butta said:

Do a search for "Mr. Funnel".  It has a hydrophobic filter in it and is specially designed for filtering out water.  Works awesome.....and they're cheap.  I keep one around.

Ya I would just use it in a vehicle but was going to recommend Mr Funnel as well. I got one a few years ago but IMO it takes a really long time to drain through it so only used it once.

Interesting product and reading about what is was originally designed for.

I give mine to anyone that wants one if they cover the post of postage :)

We know gas and water don't mix right? We also know that gas doesn't freeze...but water does.

Freeze that can with one corner as the lowest point and pour out the gas. Then thaw the ice left behind and pour that out. Clean can ready to use and no gas in any gas tank. As Mr. Know it All would say..."you really should have known"

• Like 4

If you've got oil stains in your driveway pour some on them and let it sit then spray off with the hose. Pour it down ant holes to kill ants, also fun to light the ant holes on fire

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wasteaway said:

We know gas and water don't mix right? We also know that gas doesn't freeze...but water does.

Freeze that can with one corner as the lowest point and pour out the gas. Then thaw the ice left behind and pour that out. Clean can ready to use and no gas in any gas tank. As Mr. Know it All would say..."you really should have known" 

Huh... I do this already, but hadn't really considered it for separating fuel from water.  Got a big funnel for pouring fuel from jugs into sled, and because the gas is below freezing (usually) any snow that falls into the funnel as i'm pouring stays snowflakey in the screen of the funnel.  Have to shake out the snowflakes so the fuel flows faster.

You place it in a fuel bottle. Put it in your backpack, ride as far from civilization as you can, gather up some wood, pile it all together, poor the the contents of the fuel bottle on said pile. Next, take a match or other source of ignition from your tool pack (first item in your pack) and ignite the fuel in the pile. Grab your sandwich (#2 item) and enjoy your primal side of fire. Enjoy it while you can because she’s home waiting for you to stop having fun and watch Grey’s Anotomy with her. If your dudes waiting at home most likely he wants to do the same thing. If you invite a girl it’s a campfire. If two other dudes show up it’s a bonfire. I’m usually done with my sandwich and headed home by this point. So good luck!

discaimer!!!! Put the damn fire out!!!

Edited by Charles De Mar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, ChampWazza said:

Ahhh, the joys of the local language in a distant country...image.png.5a82e3399701f195f9963ff2c2b209c4.png

I only put meth in my bike when I ride the 909

Oh Gawd, as many have said DONT put it straight in your car/truck tank, if your going to do that then what would be wrong with putting it in your bike? Well you wouldn't would you because you know it'll damage your bike, same goes for any other engines tank you put it in. Water goes straight to the bottom as fuel is not as dense as water then its the first thing that gets sucked into you carb/fuel injection.

The fix, either syphon the good fuel off the top, pour the fuel in parts into a glass jar (the fuel will pour off first) then into a clean fuel container, use a water separator (this can be made out of a jam (jelly) jar (just google this) then use the fuel diluted in whatever engine you want.

55 minutes ago, Charles De Mar said:

You place it in a fuel bottle. Put it in your backpack, ride as far from civilization as you can, gather up some wood, pile it all together, poor the the contents of the fuel bottle on said pile. Next, take a match or other source of ignition from your tool pack (first item in your pack) and ignite the fuel in the pile. Grab your sandwich (#2 item) and enjoy your primal side of fire. Enjoy it while you can because she’s home waiting for you to stop having fun and watch Grey’s Anotomy with her. If your dudes waiting at home most likely he wants to do the same thing. If you invite a girl it’s a campfire. If two other dudes show up it’s a bonfire. I’m usually done with my sandwich and headed home by this point. So good luck!

discaimer!!!! Put the damn fire out!!!

Remember using gas to start fires is a bad idea more so when far away from medical everyone be big boys and be safe while doing so.

Edited by Iffykid

3 minutes ago, Iffykid said:

Using gas to start fires is a bad idea more so when far away from medical everyone be big boys and be safe while doing so.

That’s iffy! They don’t need babysitters 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Charles De Mar said:

I have at least 20 gallons of premix and oil in my shed that keeps growing. One day I’ll spread it out across all the auto part stores around.

24 minutes ago, Demo_man said:

I have at least 20 gallons of premix and oil in my shed that keeps growing. One day I’ll spread it out across all the auto part stores around.

I put premix in the car.  Oil goes to the oil change store. 

• Like 2

doubt you got enough water in there to worry about if you were moving down the road in light rain. if it sat outside for a day in the rain, then ya.  just pour it in the bike or another container slow , then dump the last 1/2" at the bottom out, or save it for cleaning parts.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Charles De Mar said:

I put premix in the car.  Oil goes to the oil change store. 

I drive a diesel.  

I drop of oil, gas, coolant and brake fluid cocktail at the auto parts stores occasionally. Not sure if they care or not.

1 hour ago, Charles De Mar said:

I was not singling you out just the general idea Big boys should be able to make there own choices without a babysitter, Just a friendly reminder to be safe you might be surprised how many visits are made to the burn ward from people using gas to start fires.

Edited by Iffykid

Get a new filler neck , fill the jug up and give it as a present to your competitors the next race. But don't complain if they're faster than you afterwards 😜

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like 2