supercross Arlington Track map

Interesting.  They better hope there are no pile ups in the first turn as they will only have about 30 seconds to get it cleaned up before traffic starts coming the other way!  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dingerjunkie said:

No over-unders...nothing that leads to different rhythms in the "split" rhythm section...start turn and big flat turn both to the left...yawn...

I rate Minneapolis as about a 2 for passing, at least this one ramps up to a 4 or so, but agree.  

yawning-japanese-macaque-monkey.jpg?w=73

• Like 1

11 hours ago, woods-rider said:

That “split” rhythm lane puts both lanes on the same rhythm...

I guess it’s a wait and see after reading this.

The most interesting section of the track is up next, featuring two intended lanes. The inside has a very small jump but further removed from the turn. The first single on the outside is closer to the corner but larger and therefore allowing riders to jump further. I am not 100 percent certain how riders will attack this section and from what I have seen in the past, it will probably be adjusted on the actual build anyway. I do believe the ideal situation will be to downside the tabletop and then finish the section with a 3-2 combo. That will allow riders to land on the backside of the tallest jump, staying low and fast. The rule for rhythm sections is to always jump from the smallest jump and try to downside the tallest jump. Stay low, stay fast.

Edited by jetfuel
  • Helpful 1

Not bad IMO but then again I'm no pro track designer nor have I ever ridden a SX track.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 1

One mildly interesting thing is the double (hard to tell exactly because the finish line is in the way) before the whoop section after the split lane.  It might not provide much excitement, but how smooth they can hit the downside will determine how fast they can hit the whoops.  

They should have let the start go all the way to the little hairpin with the jump right before it, then a quick right-left down that first rhythm section.  It would have slowed the speed down a little bit, and changed things up.  But, I'm just sitting here behind my computer throwing stones...

I just hope it's not another Follow the Leader like last weekend I was waiting and waiting for a race to happen and it never did boring boring boring

4 hours ago, jcm3 said:

I rate Minneapolis as about a 2 for passing, at least this one ramps up to a 4 or so, but agree.  

yawning-japanese-macaque-monkey.jpg?w=73

Is this the monkey from the show American Pie

3 hours ago, SNORE125 said:

Is this the monkey from the show American Pie

Not sure.  :lol:  I just found a yawn pic and grabbed the funniest one I saw.

• Like 2

I hope they make the whoops hard.  If the track is too easy, seems like everyone is the same speed.  A hard track with wall jumps, deep sand, big whoops will make it much better racing.

4 hours ago, wielywilly-g said:

I hope they make the whoops hard.  If the track is too easy, seems like everyone is the same speed.  A hard track with wall jumps, deep sand, big whoops will make it much better racing.

Yep, they have too many stupid rhythm sections that punish riders for going fast. The tracks need more tough stuff. Remember when they had mud holes?

Edited by DEATH_INC.
  • Like 1

Needs more jumps.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 2