Jump to content
jetfuel

AMA CBD Statement

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, TucoJuanMariaRamirez said:

Don't try this at home kids!

FB_IMG_1497047698092.jpg

Nope, that looks equal parts dangerous and sketchy.  I use a lot of tools everyday at work, not using that one though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever. I’ve already got the MFer bolted onto my cordless grinder. I’m bringing it on the next trail clearing ride.

 

I ride with a Registered Nurse and I have a suture kit in my truck.

 

  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full Update https://racerxonline.com/2019/02/20/insight-more-information-on-cbd-oil-ban-in-supercross

 

As soon as the announcement hit, so did the pushback. In Arlington, this dovetailed nicely with the second straight 9:30 a.m. Saturday riders-only meeting at supercross. Also, for the second straight week, an open session with the media followed. Stephen Payne, Feld’s vice president of public affairs, gave us a lot of information during the session.

We learned two key things:

1.) This new rule only bans advertising and marketing CBD products and companies at the track. It is not a ban on USING the product. CBD can be used/consumed/taken at supercross races by athletes or anyone else. It’s not even on the WADA banned list. Feld doesn’t have a stance on CBD oil being effective or not. It’s up to the athlete to use it if he or she chooses. They just can’t advertise it. 

“We’re not against the product,” said Payne.

2.) Thanks to provisions in a farm bill passed in December, CBD is now legal, technically. However, the Food and Drug Administration says that it wants to put together the specific regulations on how these products will be sold, packaged, marketed, and advertised. Until the FDA does so, it’s really anyone’s guess as to what is legal and what is not. Some states have taken it upon themselves to write their own rules, but some are just waiting for the FDA to tell them what to do. In the meantime, supercross, the stadiums it races in, and the network (NBC) it broadcasts on, will wait until the FDA weighs in. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jetfuel said:

Full Update https://racerxonline.com/2019/02/20/insight-more-information-on-cbd-oil-ban-in-supercross

 

As soon as the announcement hit, so did the pushback. In Arlington, this dovetailed nicely with the second straight 9:30 a.m. Saturday riders-only meeting at supercross. Also, for the second straight week, an open session with the media followed. Stephen Payne, Feld’s vice president of public affairs, gave us a lot of information during the session.

We learned two key things:

1.) This new rule only bans advertising and marketing CBD products and companies at the track. It is not a ban on USING the product. CBD can be used/consumed/taken at supercross races by athletes or anyone else. It’s not even on the WADA banned list. Feld doesn’t have a stance on CBD oil being effective or not. It’s up to the athlete to use it if he or she chooses. They just can’t advertise it. 

“We’re not against the product,” said Payne.

2.) Thanks to provisions in a farm bill passed in December, CBD is now legal, technically. However, the Food and Drug Administration says that it wants to put together the specific regulations on how these products will be sold, packaged, marketed, and advertised. Until the FDA does so, it’s really anyone’s guess as to what is legal and what is not. Some states have taken it upon themselves to write their own rules, but some are just waiting for the FDA to tell them what to do. In the meantime, supercross, the stadiums it races in, and the network (NBC) it broadcasts on, will wait until the FDA weighs in. 

not sure you read all the threads.. someone said that the farm bill only federally legalize CBD extracted from hemp.  There is still a distinction between hemp and marijuana at fed level.  Typical government regs they are all BS and contradict each other, not including the states interpretation on thing..  glad that has been clear up by feld

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife and I tried CBD for a week or so. I read all the literature about it. We thought maybe it would help us relax and sleep a bit better. After a week neither of us felt any different. We tried a highly recommended vape pen by the way.

Neither of us have smoked pot in 20 years or more and never very often, so we were blank canvases we figured. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Demo_man said:

My wife and I tried CBD for a week or so. I read all the literature about it. We thought maybe it would help us relax and sleep a bit better. After a week neither of us felt any different. We tried a highly recommended vape pen by the way.

Neither of us have smoked pot in 20 years or more and never very often, so we were blank canvases we figured. 

 

its more to deal with pain and does not last very long maybe 1 hr from what I been told.  Now vaping some good couch lock will help you sleep better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Havingfun said:

its more to deal with pain and does not last very long maybe 1 hr from what I been told.  Now vaping some good couch lock will help you sleep better.

I may try some THC vape oil eventually 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Havingfun said:

its more to deal with pain and does not last very long maybe 1 hr from what I been told.  Now vaping some good couch lock will help you sleep better.

Duration depends on the delivery method.  Smoking/vaping it gets quick results that don't last real long and edibles or oil takes longer to kick in but lasts way longer.

Get the combo of delivery methods right and it works great.  The same applies to the real deal.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MentalGuru said:

Duration depends on the delivery method.  Smoking/vaping it gets quick results that don't last real long and edibles or oil takes longer to kick in but lasts way longer.

Get the combo of delivery methods right and it works great.  The same applies to the real deal.

most everyone I know rubs the oil on the skin, maybe they are using it other ways.

person I know that was trying it for bad arthritis might be taking it orally will have to ask.

Edited by Havingfun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Havingfun said:

most everyone I know rubs the oil on the skin, maybe they are using it other ways.  will have to ask.

I take a dropper full under my toungue twice a day.

 

I had originally typed, "I take it orally", then thought about the consequence of a statement like that here.  :facepalm:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 74one said:

I take a dropper full under my toungue twice a day.

 

I had originally typed, "I take it orally", then thought about the consequence of a statement like that here.  :facepalm:

yea, I said something like that on here before and got half the crowd excited.   

someone I know has for arthritis was doing that.  so you did not get any noticeable relief effects?  you chasing pain?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Havingfun said:

most everyone I know rubs the oil on the skin, maybe they are using it other ways.  will have to ask.

There are oral oils you put on or under your tongue for quicker results or that you can swallow it for a longer lasting effect.  Sucking on gummy bears works pretty quick, chewing them a little and swallowing them increases the duration.   I like to eat a gummy or two and let another melt in my mouth.  You can get pills, and all sorts of things like hemp shatter and hash.  There are different strains for different results or issues.  You can get full spectrum or isolates.  Basically you need to figure out which works best and in what dosage and delivery method you prefer.   You need to experiment to get the best results.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MentalGuru said:

There are oral oils you put on or under your tongue for quicker results or that you can swallow it for a longer lasting effect.  Sucking on gummy bears works pretty quick, chewing them a little and swallowing them increases the duration.   I like to eat a gummy or two and let another melt in my mouth.  You can get pills, and all sorts of things like hemp shatter and hash.  There are different strains for different results or issues.  You can get full spectrum or isolates.  Basically you need to figure out which works best and in what dosage and delivery method you prefer.   You need to experiment to get the best results.   

need to shop where you do...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Havingfun said:

yea, I said something like that on here before and got half the crowd excited.   

someone I know has for arthritis was doing that.  so you did not get any noticeable relief effects?  you chasing pain?

I do, joint discomfort.  29 years of being a residential carpenter, elbows, knees, wrists hands, shoulders, you name it.  None of it debilitating thankfully, but uncomfortable.  I haven't wore my brace on my elbow since about 3 weeks after I started taking it, hands are still stiff often, but less knuckle pain.  Knees grind, but feel pretty good too.  At this point I can't say I see a negative, and like I mentioned earlier, placebo or not, if it makes you feel better, and isn't harmful then there is nothing to lose imo.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 74one said:

I do, joint discomfort.  29 years of being a residential carpenter, elbows, knees, wrists hands, shoulders, you name it.  None of it debilitating thankfully, but uncomfortable.  I haven't wore my brace on my elbow since about 3 weeks after I started taking it, hands are still stiff often, but less knuckle pain.  Knees grind, but feel pretty good too.  At this point I can't say I see a negative, and like I mentioned earlier, placebo or not, if it makes you feel better, and isn't harmful then there is nothing to lose imo.

you have arthritis?  one friend of mine has it bad...  

Edited by Havingfun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Havingfun said:

you have arthritis?  one friend of mine has it bad...  

I assume so, I see a doc once a year for a physical, if all else goes according to plan, I don't see them for another year.  Trying hard to get as far through life as I can before they start prescribing.  I have never really brought it up, and on the off time I do mention some discomfort, their recommendation is always to "take some time off", that's not realistic.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, 74one said:

I assume so, I see a doc once a year for a physical, if all else goes according to plan, I don't see them for another year.  Trying hard to get as far through life as I can before they start prescribing.  I have never really brought it up, and on the off time I do mention some discomfort, their recommendation is always to "take some time off", that's not realistic.

one friend I know gets it so bad at diff times of the years.  sometimes cant get up off the floor, use his hands etc.. he's taking prednisone 3x a day which is not good and maybe other to help.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Havingfun said:

not sure you read all the threads.. someone said that the farm bill only federally legalize CBD extracted from hemp.  There is still a distinction between hemp and marijuana at fed level.  

Even for CBD produced from hemp, there are states where state law is either gray or unclear enough to where it's essentially up to the police / district attorney.  The Farm Bill doesn't supersede state law.  I'll say it again for those in the back:  the Farm Bill does not supersede state law.  

We'll get there, we're just not there right now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Even for CBD produced from hemp, there are states where state law is either gray or unclear enough to where it's essentially up to the police / district attorney.  The Farm Bill doesn't supersede state law.  I'll say it again for those in the back:  the Farm Bill does not supersede state law.  

We'll get there, we're just not there right now.

yea states will differ

state law does not supersede federal.  farm bill is federal, trump just signed it.  

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supremacy_Clause<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×