Cannondale2019

Recluse Clutch doesn't seem to be working?

Mine doesn't work.it s like a normal clutch now.i have to clutch or I stall. I clutch and give it throttle and the bike wants to take off.idk?My free play gain looks to be ok? 

oil is  all brand new ,even checked my friction plates they still look good.it seems like nothing changes when adjusting the slave?I use the elastic to set freeplay gain and it looks right at the clutch lever . 

You may have air in the adjustable slave. I would remove it and go through the air removal process that Rekluse recommends, they have a video that shows how to do it.  Then make your the slave is at the correct "starting point".

So with the clutch pulled in, you give it throttle and the bike wants to move?

If so, your Rekluse is working fine, exactly as you would expect (increase RPM from idle to engage Rekluse). Your adjustment is wrong somewhere.

My recluse quit working one day out of the blue.  I came to a stop on the trail and didn't pull in the clutch and the bike stalled.  I fired the bike back up and the clutch was working like a normal dirt bike clutch.  It sounds like its time to pop the clutch cover off and take a look.  When was the last time you changed the rubber dampeners in the clutch?  When I had problems I called recluse. My dampeners were shot which beat up the EXP disc. All I had to do was replace the dampeners and flip the exp disc over. They gave me some thickness measurements for the plates which I checked while I was in there and they were like new so I didn't touch those. Then start from scratch with your slave adjustment.  I started all the way out and went in slowly.  I've got probably 30 hours on my clutch after I had those problems with no issues.

Hey thx for the tip.I did have the clutch completely apart but didn't notice the anything weird except a bit of wear on my plates.I'll do it again.