Good trail systems or tracks?

Buddy and I were lookin to sneak south March 1-3. We are going to WV mid march but wanted to ride before that and well, here in MI that just isnt happenin! Just looking for suggestion on a trail system or even a track. I really just want to get some seat time in on 250x i just got and make sure its good to go for WV trip and get comfy. So, the trails for 1st-3rd can be a lil more mellow and actually kind of prefer it if possible. The further north the better!

Thanks in advance.

How far north are you looking? In northern KY, there's Dirty Turtle Offroad Park; Nickota Park and Saddleback East moto tracks (Saddleback is a private club so I don't know how that works); Earlywine Racing indoor MX track. I've only ridden at Earlywine so I'd find those others on Facebook and see what you think.

The rest of the stuff in Kentucky is pretty spread out but close to I-75 you've got Daniel Boone Motocross Park, Redbird Crest Trail (great singletrack, National Forest so check openings), S-Tree and Turkey Foot (National Forest, check openings) and that's about it. Otherwise you're traveling to Southeast or Western Kentucky so you're probably just as well off going on down to Windrock/Brimstone/Ride Royal Blue in Tennessee. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ox715 said:

How far north are you looking? In northern KY, there's Dirty Turtle Offroad Park; Nickota Park and Saddleback East moto tracks (Saddleback is a private club so I don't know how that works); Earlywine Racing indoor MX track. I've only ridden at Earlywine so I'd find those others on Facebook and see what you think.

The rest of the stuff in Kentucky is pretty spread out but close to I-75 you've got Daniel Boone Motocross Park, Redbird Crest Trail (great singletrack, National Forest so check openings), S-Tree and Turkey Foot (National Forest, check openings) and that's about it. Otherwise you're traveling to Southeast or Western Kentucky so you're probably just as well off going on down to Windrock/Brimstone/Ride Royal Blue in Tennessee. 

Thanks. We are currently thinking about dirty turtle. My buddy was hopin for track n trails type place. Any review on the track n trails for dirt bike? Wasnt sure if trails were just a free for all type where we need to be on the lookout for sxs jeep etc. 

Is that Nickota just a track? I didnt see that one in my googling.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I think Nickota is two MX tracks, no trails. http://www.nickotamotorsports.com/  

Dirty Turtle is a free-for-all but I have some friends that rode there on bikes and enjoyed it. They have a pretty tame track and a lot of trails. I do think that they're having a Southern Rock Racing event there this weekend which brings out all the best drunken redneck Rzr guys. Hell of a time to drink beer and raise hell but might not be ideal to ride dirt bikes at, but I could be wrong. 

Might have some bad luck on the weather front. Not looking great Sunday, they cancelled the XC I was planning to race down at Loretta Lynn's due to the weather coming in. Best of luck to y'all.