phatjoe

XR650L Looking for website/Vid on how to install jet kit? Please help...

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and new to the xr650l. 😀

I'm looking for a website and/or video that will walk me through how to do the jet kit. Can someone share a link?  I recently purchased the kit from factory pro. 

Thanks! 

If you can get the carburator off the bike, you can swap jets. Its literally harder to get the carb off the bike . When I'm lazy I leave it on and spin it.

Take the bottom of the carb off,  aka float bowl. Look at your new jets. Take the two things out of the carb that look like those. Put those in where the other ones were.

• Like 1

Once the carb is off, its a breeze.  I was really hesitant about the whole procedure.  The hardest part for me was getting the carb back on the bike.  Depending on your year, you may have to drill out the welch plug.  That's a brass type of metal plug that is over the AFR screw.  I had the dynojet kit and it came with the drill and the small screw to get it out.  There are some re-jet videos on youtube if I remember correctly.  But again its really plug and play once you get that carb off.  Just take your time.  

• Like 1

I agree with rusty rocker, I usually try to spin the carb if I'm just swapping jets. But if the carb is older I pull it so I can clean it as well. I'm sure we can help walk you through it if you have the instructions from the jet kit and take pictures as you go.