Scoott

Eddieville weather/race update

Winter weather blues.12" of snow on the flat, 3' to 6' drifts from the wind. No warming in the 7 day forecast.

Feb. 23&24 Playdays are on!......for snowbikes only.

6 hour March 3rd very doubtful. I will make the call Monday,Feb.25

I see Horn Rapids has postponed their spring race to 3/3/19. That is unlikely unless it warms up a bunch next week.

We will post updates on event changes as we get closer to the race dates.

debbie in snow.jpg

• Like 5

March 2+3 weekend @Eddieville is a no-go. March 9&10th weekend is a no go .
 March 17 is very doubtfull unless we get some warm, windy weather to melt the 16"+ with 4' drifts snow AND set the ground up.

March 3 6hr is MOVED TO March 24th, with a MX playday March 23rd. ( We hope) maybe

March 10 Eddieville NMA H.S. moved to Saturday May 17, with Starvation Ridge H.S. Sunday May 18th

March 17th OMRA XC moved to SATURDAY March 30 @ Eddieville. March 31 OMRA GP will follow on Sunday
Hoping the snow will be gone and some drying by the 23rd.

• Like 1

Damn that snow to the bowels of hell...hopefully it will melt off down there!🤞

23rd&24th ( MX playday and rescheduled 6hr) ARE DEFINITELY OUT!!!
March 30 & 31 OMRA XC/GP weekend doubtfull.
 I will make the call at the end of the week depending on weather this week and predicted for next week. Keep in mind that so far all the snowmelt is going into the ground and we will need to have wind to create a crust to run on.

We drove around at Eddieville for the first time this year...today. Some dry , a little snowy, LOTS of water running across the property.
 There is no way we can put on a decent event March30&31.  Flattrack is flooded, wind whoops has sheets of water flowing into the big draw, water coming out of the ground, etc. Suprisingly, the MX track has the least amount of water, some snowdrifts still melting, but we could drive all around it.
 Weather permitting......we may try to hold a MX playday March 30 & 31.....maybe. Final announcement of yea/nea will be Friday.

We will do the XC on April 13th and the GP April 14th at Eddieville.  The Ridge is far wtter than Eddieville and it is doubtfull we could run there April 14th. We will reschedule the Ridge in the next couple of weeks, after I can drive a RZR around to see what the ground looks like.

Sorry about all the rescheduling, it's been the latest snow ever ( at least in my ancient memory)

Scott

On 2/19/2019 at 3:32 PM, Scoott said:

Winter weather blues.12" of snow on the flat, 3' to 6' drifts from the wind. No warming in the 7 day forecast.

Feb. 23&24 Playdays are on!......for snowbikes only.

6 hour March 3rd very doubtful. I will make the call Monday,Feb.25

I see Horn Rapids has postponed their spring race to 3/3/19. That is unlikely unless it warms up a bunch next week.

We will post updates on event changes as we get closer to the race dates.

debbie in snow.jpg

Hey maybe you already know this, and maybe that's not a hitch ball, but better safe than sorry. I just learned this a few months ago to never hook a cinch or tow strap to a trailer hitch ball for vehicle recovery (or stump pulling, or...).  Nasty things can happen and the weak point is the bolt that holds the ball onto the receiver.  Just thought I would share don't want to see anyone get hurt.  Cheers!

Lots of examples...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tow+ball+cinch+strap+fail&qpvt=tow+ball+cinch+strap+fail&FORM=VDRE