california Looking for people to ride w/ in SoCal

Hey there! Looking for new people to ride with in Johnson Valley/Barstow area. Trying to learn new technical skills, push myself, and stay dedicated. I'm a beginner/intermediate rider, pretty new to the sport looking for cool people to ride with. Just a heads up I'm a 19 y/o girl. 

• Like 1

What kind of bike do you have? 

What rear tire?

Do you have a history psychotic episodes?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, TheW0LF said:

What kind of bike do you have? 

What rear tire?

Do you have a history psychotic episodes?

just picked up a new 2018 CRF250R and it still has the stock dunlop. and...what girl doesn't have psychotic episodes? 

• Like 4
  • Helpful 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dani Juarez said:

Hey there! Looking for new people to ride with in Johnson Valley/Barstow area. Trying to learn new technical skills, push myself, and stay dedicated. I'm a beginner/intermediate rider, pretty new to the sport looking for cool people to ride with. Just a heads up I'm a 19 y/o girl. 

I don't know of any riding spots out there but I'm always up for a trip. I'm out in Van nuys myself. Do you have a truck?

1 hour ago, Dani Juarez said:

just picked up a new 2018 CRF250R and it still has the stock dunlop. and...what girl doesn't have psychotic episodes? 

I didn't realize you were a she. You'll notice we have a lot of shes here, but they all walk around pretending to be hes. 

So when she says "he" she really means "she". BUT when she says "she"... She knows exactly what she is saying. 

It takes some getting used to, but it will make so much sense eventually.

It's the other stuff that won't make any sense though. Like the why's, whats, hows and where's. Just don't worry about that stuff, it sorts itself out.. eventually.

Edited by TheW0LF
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, WideOpenWilly said:

I look back on my entire history of riding and think of it as a psychotic episode. 

I have to see it to believe. 

Do you like hills?

29 minutes ago, TheW0LF said:

I didn't realize you were a she. You'll notice we have a lot of shes here, but they all walk around pretending to be hes. 

So when she says "he" she really means "she". BUT when she says "she"... She knows exactly what she is saying. 

It takes some getting used to, but it will make so much sense eventually.

It's the other stuff that won't any sense though. Like the why's, whats, hows and where's. Just don't worry about that stuff, it sorts itself out.. eventually.

I’m not trying to fool anyone. I want to ride with people who want to support me and vice versa. If someone doesn’t want to ride w/ me because I am a girl or beginner/intermediate then so be it. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dani Juarez said:

I’m not trying to fool anyone. I want to ride with people who want to support me and vice versa. If someone doesn’t want to ride w/ me because I am a girl or beginner/intermediate then so be it. 

You'll see what I was talking about if you are new to this forum, nothing to be taken negatively. 

There will be plenty of people here hosting rides. I haven't met a single bad person from this forum.

How far are you willing to travel? 

Consider being open to other areas, and adopt a never give up mentality if you don't already have one. 

Edited by TheW0LF

Welcome...  This sport needs all the dirt bike riders it can get...  The crowd is thinning every year.  Too many of us are old geezers.

Do you race ?  Great way to meet a ton of good people...  All levels...  People looking out for you. 

No one goes home till everyone goes home.  That's not exactly true but it sounds good. :thumbsup:

I like this girl. And it’s one of the first things The Wolf asks. Do you have a history of psychotic episodes. And she answers “What girl doesn’t” ?????????

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Their loss. :thumbsup: Within a year or so, you might be better than 25% of the people here, and not just because some are grandpas. :doh:

My bike and truck needs some work, so I'm out (for now). It's past some people's bedtime, so there will be a bunch of replies tomorrow. Edit: think about a trials tire, they're great everywhere except snow and certain mud conditions.

Edited by TheSlayer

4 minutes ago, TheSlayer said:

Their loss. :thumbsup: Within a year or so, you might be better than 25% of the people here, and not just because some are grandpas. :doh:

My bike and truck needs some work, so I'm out (for now). It's past some people's bedtime, so there will be a bunch of replies tomorrow.

Shoot first off she might be better than 90% of the key board typers on here because they are great grandpas. And they never could ride. Bedtime I thought it was morning time already. ?

• Like 2

Where is the real woman around here. Isn’t there a [mention=442029]pessica[/mention] that is a real woman to show the gal around. 

Haha, good call. Yes I’m here! A real live woman...

Unfortunately I don’t ride those areas though. Hey maybe try the Thumpette section? I got lucky with a boyfriend who over the years has been so patient and taught me so much, I can actually call myself an advanced rider at this point. Most of the time anyway.
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, TheSlayer said:

My bike and truck needs some work, so I'm out (for now). It's past some people's bedtime, so there will be a bunch of replies tomorrow. Edit: think about a trials tire, they're great everywhere except snow and certain mud conditions.

Trials tire for a trials bike. 

Do they make trials tires for a 19" rear wheel? Because that's what she has...

Leave the tire and parts guidance/supply to the professionals... Jeff aka Bolt

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, StevetheSnake said:

I like this girl. And it’s one of the first things The Wolf asks. Do you have a history of psychotic episodes. And she answers “What girl doesn’t” ?????????

She may have a chance to become a he. Won't be easy tho.

13 hours ago, TheW0LF said:
Trials tire for a trials bike. 

Do they make trials tires for a 19" rear wheel? Because that's what she has... - YES

Leave the tire and parts guidance/supply to the professionals... Jeff aka Bolt

Yes, there's a few 19" trials tires, suitable for almost any dirt bike-depending on terrain. Of course I haven't tested any recent tires/parts in the last 3 years. :cheers:

I'm not concerned if anybody else uses a trials tire, but they might like it.

TrialsTIre.PNG.790bf2f0b84780be14183778b4a0547d.PNG

Edited by TheSlayer

4 hours ago, TheSlayer said:

Yes, there's a few 19" trials tires, suitable for almost any dirt bike-depending on terrain. Of course I haven't tested any recent tires/parts in the last 3 years. :cheers:

I'm not concerned if anybody else uses a trials tire, buy they might like it.

TrialsTIre.PNG.790bf2f0b84780be14183778b4a0547d.PNG

Get that garbage outta here

• Like 2
  • Haha 2