Yz250

Any wet clutch motorcycle engine oil.

The same oil you use in Japanese sport bikes or 4 stroke dirt bikes. I usually use the Honda brand 5w/30 that I get a gallon off amazon delivered for $30ish.

Think about it, in a motorcycle the engine oil is also the tranny oil. 

Not sure about ATF, not really wet clutch approved

5 hours ago, Kevin Kelley said:

I've heard from a lot of people atf if fine but I also heard to use type f tranny fluid 

I've used Supertech type F ATF from Walmart in 2 stroke transmissions for over a decade without issues in a kx250, yz250, and ktm250.  

7 hours ago, Motox367 said:

Those are not yz250s tho 

Lol your kidding right??

3 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

Yes the yz transmission is smaller and compact than others, more prone to wear. Believe me ik ? . If you just putt putt around tho it doesn't matter what you use i geuss 

I suppose.  I've never had any issues with my YZ250 2 stroke even on 60 to 70 mile enduros.  Come to think of it I don't know anybody that has complained of transmission wear on any yz 2 or 4 stroke for the last 30+ years of riding.  You must really be a ripper or maybe your choice of oil is not a good one??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hurricane said:

I suppose.  I've never had any issues with my YZ250 2 stroke even on 60 to 70 mile enduros.  Come to think of it I don't know anybody that has complained of transmission wear on any yz 2 or 4 stroke for the last 30+ years of riding.  You must really be a ripper or maybe your choice of oil is not a good one??

?? Not so much anymore but ive been threw a few of them and never with Kawasaki or honda that raced before. I used gearsaver for years now Rotella T4.  Srick around for awhile you'll see plenty of yz250s with tranny issues they are known for it. Use to think i was the only one. I have lots of evidence lol ?

Edited by Motox367
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Motox367 said:

Lol not so much anymore but ive been threw a few of them and never with Kawasaki or honda that raced before. I used gearsaver for years now Rotella T4.  Srick around for awhile you'll see plenty of yz250s with tranny issues they are known for it. Use to think i was the only one ?

I've been around for quite some time now and don't recall any yz trans issues, I'll take your word for it. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hurricane said:

You lost me there, scared of what?  I'm not going to sit here and keyboard battle with you when we clearly don't agree and probably never will.  

? dam dude lol you dont have to agree cause ik. If works for you use it then. I was just recommending not to . Oil is better ?

Edited by Motox367