I have a yz 250 2 stroke and u was wondering if using atf for clutch fluid would be fine or do I need like a wet clutch fluid 

Any wet clutch motorcycle engine oil.

The same oil you use in Japanese sport bikes or 4 stroke dirt bikes. I usually use the Honda brand 5w/30 that I get a gallon off amazon delivered for $30ish.

Think about it, in a motorcycle the engine oil is also the tranny oil. 

Not sure about ATF, not really wet clutch approved

5 minutes ago, CRJohnny said:

I use this in our bikes for years,

56688568312__31CB053C-77BD-4024-8D92-9672155156ED.thumb.JPG.772b48e41802a49f76a32c8672bc1e96.JPG

56400595099__E1F25AD8-F095-4AC7-A914-6EFD70844DD3.thumb.JPG.7fffd9e5994c33c680d8453b167b7c45.JPG

Don’t be afraid to use as Cologne, woman go crazyemoji16.png

Those are not yz250s tho 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Kevin Kelley said:

I've heard from a lot of people atf if fine but I also heard to use type f tranny fluid 

I've used Supertech type F ATF from Walmart in 2 stroke transmissions for over a decade without issues in a kx250, yz250, and ktm250.  

7 hours ago, Motox367 said:

Those are not yz250s tho 

Lol your kidding right??

3 minutes ago, Hurricane said:

I've used Supertech type F ATF from Walmart in 2 stroke transmissions for over a decade without issues in a kx250, yz250, and ktm250.  

Lol your kidding right??

No not at all

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Hurricane said:

Do you think it makes a difference if it's a Yamaha?

Yes the yz transmission is smaller and compact than others, more prone to wear. Believe me ik 🙂 . If you just putt putt around tho it doesn't matter what you use i geuss 

3 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

Yes the yz transmission is smaller and compact than others, more prone to wear. Believe me ik 🙂 . If you just putt putt around tho it doesn't matter what you use i geuss 

I suppose.  I've never had any issues with my YZ250 2 stroke even on 60 to 70 mile enduros.  Come to think of it I don't know anybody that has complained of transmission wear on any yz 2 or 4 stroke for the last 30+ years of riding.  You must really be a ripper or maybe your choice of oil is not a good one??

• Like 1

Rumor has it, the astronauts brought back dirt but not from the moon, it was from Moto's last race:eek::lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hurricane said:

I suppose.  I've never had any issues with my YZ250 2 stroke even on 60 to 70 mile enduros.  Come to think of it I don't know anybody that has complained of transmission wear on any yz 2 or 4 stroke for the last 30+ years of riding.  You must really be a ripper or maybe your choice of oil is not a good one??

😂😂 Not so much anymore but ive been threw a few of them and never with Kawasaki or honda that raced before. I used gearsaver for years now Rotella T4.  Srick around for awhile you'll see plenty of yz250s with tranny issues they are known for it. Use to think i was the only one. I have lots of evidence lol 😂

Edited by Motox367
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Motox367 said:

Lol not so much anymore but ive been threw a few of them and never with Kawasaki or honda that raced before. I used gearsaver for years now Rotella T4.  Srick around for awhile you'll see plenty of yz250s with tranny issues they are known for it. Use to think i was the only one 😂

I've been around for quite some time now and don't recall any yz trans issues, I'll take your word for it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hurricane said:

I've been around for quite some time now and don't recall any yz trans issues, I'll take your word for it. 

Didn't mean to scare ya buddy 😂 

Just now, Motox367 said:

Didn't mean to scare ya buddy 😂 

You lost me there, scared of what?  I'm not going to sit here and keyboard battle with you when we clearly don't agree and probably never will.  

24 minutes ago, Hurricane said:

You lost me there, scared of what?  I'm not going to sit here and keyboard battle with you when we clearly don't agree and probably never will.  

:facepalm: dam dude lol you dont have to agree cause ik. If works for you use it then. I was just recommending not to . Oil is better 😊

Edited by Motox367