Need 2014 Kx450f fork swap advice

Hey guys!

Yes another question about these air forks. I’m looking to do a swap for conventional spring forks. My air forks collapsed on me and luckily I wasn’t in the air at the time.

Has anyone done this conversion? What year forks from the kx450fs prior would work on this with minimal modifications?

Also, has anyone done the YZ fork swap to the kx? If so what all does that entail?

Thanks guys!! Sorry for all the questions! I appreciate everything!

God bless!

On 2/20/2019 at 12:23 AM, rcdude33 said:

Hey guys!

Yes another question about these air forks. I’m looking to do a swap for conventional spring forks. My air forks collapsed on me and luckily I wasn’t in the air at the time.

Has anyone done this conversion? What year forks from the kx450fs prior would work on this with minimal modifications?

Also, has anyone done the YZ fork swap to the kx? If so what all does that entail?

Thanks guys!! Sorry for all the questions! I appreciate everything!

God bless!

Cal Corey at ProTune. He has done a lot of other air fork conversions and has a lot of followers.

https://www.facebook.com/ProTune-Suspension-1379946175638335/

I did the MX tech SFF conversion on mine. In the end it was a giant hassle. Several trips back to my local tuner who installed it to get it valved right. From MX Tech the valving spec was way too soft.

With how much hassle mine was (in the end they were great), you might just want to have someone who really knows their shit and has great ustomer service do yours, i.e., Factory Connection. Can't get much better service than them.

As for fork swaps, good luck. They go super fast locally and on ebay for pretty high prices. You want 2012 KX450F if you can find them.

Cal Corey at ProTune. He has done a lot of other air fork conversions and has a lot of followers.
I did the MX tech SFF conversion on mine. In the end it was a giant hassle. Several trips back to my local tuner who installed it to get it valved right. From MX Tech the valving spec was way too soft.
With how much hassle mine was (in the end they were great), you might just want to have someone who really knows their shit and has great ustomer service do yours, i.e., Factory Connection. Can't get much better service than them.
As for fork swaps, good luck. They go super fast locally and on ebay for pretty high prices. You want 2012 KX450F if you can find them.

Awesome man I’ll definitely be on the look out and give him a call. For the 2012 forks, will they mount right up to the 2014 triple clamps?

1 hour ago, rcdude33 said:

Awesome man I’ll definitely be on the look out and give him a call. For the 2012 forks, will they mount right up to the 2014 triple clamps?

Yes. In fact I put my '13 forks on my '17 while I was waiting for my Showa SFF spring conversion to be installed on the crappy Showa TAC forks (with spring conversion they are passable too)! They bolt right up. I believe 10-11 KX450F also work with no problem on yours.

See this thread --> user GDI70 was/is quite knowledgeable and says the 10-12 are no problem bolt up.

Yes. In fact I put my '13 forks on my '17 while I was waiting for my Showa SFF spring conversion to be installed on the crappy Showa TAC forks (with spring conversion they are passable too)! They bolt right up. I believe 10-11 KX450F also work with no problem on yours.
See this thread --> user GDI70 was/is quite knowledgeable and says the 10-12 are no problem bolt up.

Thank you so much for all of the help man!! I will definitely take a look at that thread for sure!! Hopefully I can find the forks haha!

17 hours ago, skthom2320 said:

Agree 2012 KX450F forks is very good option ?

• 2 weeks later...