Johnny Depp

Beta 200 RR Cycle News test and West Hare Scramble Gerston Win

For all of you that adore and covet the new 200, you better hurry up and grab one after this test...

https://www.cyclenews.com/2019/02/article/cycle-news-magazine-7-19-beta-200-rr-ducati-hypermotoard-first-reviews/

Beta also has a double page ad Celebrating Max Gerston's win, along with a win in the 250 class, and 4 Beta's in the top 10.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

For all of you that adore and covet the new 200, you better hurry up and grab one after this test...

https://www.cyclenews.com/2019/02/article/cycle-news-magazine-7-19-beta-200-rr-ducati-hypermotoard-first-reviews/

Beta also has a double page ad Celebrating Max Gerston's win, along with a win in the 250 class, and 4 Beta's in the top 10.

Not implying anything about the bike but that review was an advertisement at best.

Good write up, the bike is going to be popular. Though a bit bizarre that it goes on about the cable operated clutch. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, weantright said:

Not implying anything about the bike but that review was an advertisement at best.

I think  the article is on par for the magazine and it's intended audience. 

A general overview with some insights into why a 200 is effective and some of the nice Beta characteristics. 

Nothing earth shattering as far as in depth analysis, but nicely done to introduce the model to the casual motorcycle enthusiast who reads Cycle news

Edited by firffighter
  • Like 3

Long ago when CN could be held in your hands it went as deep or deeper than anyone. They also discovered what was coming far down the road, by far the best at the time.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, weantright said:

Conflicting statements. You just did imply. You just said it was an advertisement. They rode the 200 rr though. Did you yet??  Everyone who has ridden the 200 locally are saying great things. A few top local riders are raving about the  bike. I got a couple of friends that have 200rrs. I’m more interested to try now. 

• Like 2

I've ridden it. More than enough to know how well it performs. If it is advertisement, it's accurate and worth listening to. And no I don't work for Beta or bleed red, actually that's not true..  i don't think Beta is the best, but I plan to sell a bike to buy a 200.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jmgatx said:

I've ridden it. More than enough to know how well it performs. If it is advertisement, it's accurate and worth listening to. And no I don't work for Beta or bleed red, actually that's not true..  i don't think Beta is the best, but I plan to sell a bike to buy a 200.

I really hope I don’t like it too much :smirk::rolleyes: It’s just going to be another bike to add to my already large family of bikes I got. There’s a 19’ Beta 300 rr demo bike that I can try in the next couple of months that the dealer just brought in . I could try that and compare to my 15’ 300 rr. To try the 200 I’ll have to ask to ride from a couple of friends. That shouldn’t be that hard. 200’s are selling all that are available. 

Ok just got off the phone with a real good vet racer/ rider who will let me ride his new 200 rr. He has been specific and raving about it too. He also has a fully done up 2017 ktm 250 xc too for an easy contemporary comparison bike. He just said if he were racing his ktm in our last enduro race Sunday that he would have a way harder time. The 200 rr was hands down better ... for our local trail race conditions anyway. That’s his take on it anyway.

Ooops.. One step closer to a test ride for the 200 rr 2019. I will be test riding the 2019 300 rr demo bike that just came too. This is great.I can compare to my 15’ 300 rr that I love. 

The top right and bottom is the 19’ demo 300 rr I’ll get to try later. 

3980D901-711C-4CB2-A818-71BC4FC90F62.jpeg

5FD36ED5-4CF0-4FF8-AF69-A5CCCBC648F6.jpeg

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, jmgatx said:

What I meant was the review didn't go in-depth about the bike but more like what would be written on Beta's website. While I'm not a fan of the 200 class, I will demo this bike to compare it to other 200's I ridden. As with all Beta's I expect it to have a smooth power delivery. However the size of motor would require it to be on the pipe more then I would like.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

13 hours ago, weantright said:

What I meant was the review didn't go in-depth about the bike but more like what would be written on Beta's website. While I'm not a fan of the 200 class, I will demo this bike to compare it to other 200's I ridden. As with all Beta's I expect it to have a smooth power delivery. However the size of motor would require it to be on the pipe more then I would like.

Well that's yet to be determined.. You'll get an idea when you actually ride it and from the reports I've gotten from local expert riders now riding and racing the 200rr in woods the 200 has alot more low end than would be thought for a 200. These guys have been riding and racing 250's and 300's and going to the 200. I just got off the phone a few minutes ago with one vet expert friend and he said he'll gladly give me a chance to ride his 200 in the near future. I hope I don't like it too much as then I'll want to buy another bike when I have too many as it is.  You'll find out if you need to have it on the pipe then. That doesn't seem to be the case but then I like being on the pipe on small bores too so idk. The 200 riders I've spoken to say overall the bike has plenty power and just doesn't wear you out like a 300 does riding.. lots of rave reviews so far.. Hey but I like my 300 anyway. I hope riding the 200 wont spoil my 300 love. I'm going to ride the 19 300 rr too to see how that goes too. Locally it seems every 200rr is bought . There might be one new 200 not bought but it seems guys are snatching them up and selling what bikes they have now..That might work out great for me if I like the bike that much. I wont be able to buy even if I want to.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

I am driving 6 hours to pick mine up on Saturday. My first test ride will be our first race the next Saturday. Mine has a kicker. Sounds like it will be the first kicker 200! and oil injection removed! I still have my fresh 18 hard anodized forks, but will run the stock for the first race. It will be interesting since I haven't ridden since the last race last year because of surgeries.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, BassMan said:

I am driving 6 hours to pick mine up on Saturday. My first test ride will be our first race the next Saturday. Mine has a kicker. Sounds like it will be the first kicker 200! and oil injection removed! I still have my fresh 18 hard anodized forks, but will run the stock for the first race. It will be interesting since I haven't ridden since the last race last year because of surgeries.

I can put a couple hours on it this week if you like … just to make sure the wheels are round of course 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1