bigbob

Backpacking Echo CS-355T chain saw

Now I need a chain saw mount on my husky.   So I can lead the pack.    got suggestions ?   

Edited by bigbob

Calibrate the valve core torque wrench first, the extra weight of a chainsaw will alter the front tire air balancer.

• Haha 1

Though the enduro engineering mount above looks nice,    here's some other images.  Hmmm  I would like a front mount where I don't have to remove my front light      and I do like the rear mount idea too.   But this  milk crate idea is too funny.   I am NOT doing that 

photoqw%201.jpg

imasxswaxgeproxy.jpg

X001-Y001.jpg

thQ6ECI5Q8.jpg

post-192932-0-03791000-1403412416.jpg

photo015.jpg

imageprrrroxy.jpg

imageproxy.jpg

post-192932-0-41843000-1403412433.jpg

IMG_8785.jpg

Edited by bigbob
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Warden of the North said:

What saw are you going to use?

8F9D85CE-6AA5-4326-8D85-5FB81219148C.jpeg.cb184ffcfeb1ee051799a1a968673088.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have some serious questions that need to be answered:

1) how are you going to mount you Tugger strap if the saw is in the way?

2) That’s extra weight up front. What spring rate are you getting for your forks? High speed compression? Rebound?

C) Do you need to increase your front tire PSI? Does that , in turn, facilitate the increase in your valve stem torque number?

Edit: I see that Hockdog already addressed this issue.

4)

• Like 3

Seriously....if I have to carry a chain saw, I'm going to go to lunch in town instead.

22 minutes ago, Bill_P said:

Seriously....if I have to carry a chain saw, I'm going to go to lunch in town instead.

With the weather we've had this year, you're gonna be having a lot of lunches. 😄

The last ride I did with Bob we encountered 10-12 trees.  One blocked a trail bad enough that we had to turn around.  We moved two other off the trail using 4 big guys.  The rest we just hopped over, drug the bikes over, or ducked under.  A chain saw would've been nice to remove them once and for all.  After this last set of storms and snow I am betting there will be a lot more downed trees

Edited by f12517
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, f12517 said:

With the weather we've had this year, you're gonna be having a lot of lunches. 😄

The last ride I did with Bob we encountered 10-12 trees.  One blocked a trail bad enough that we had to turn around.  We moved two other off the trail using 4 big guys.  The rest we just hopped over, drug the bikes over, or ducked under.  A chain saw would've been nice to remove them once and for all.  After this last set of storms and snow I am betting there will be a lot more downed trees

OK.  Sounds good.  I'll wait until the week AFTER you guys ride then.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Warden of the North said:

What saw are you going to use?

haven't picked it out yet, depends on mount too

I am scheduled for USFS sawyer training for OHV volunteers in GT March 29-30.   I am the one who invented USFS sawyer training at GT 12 years ago with John Jue.  I am re certifying and getting me a saw and a mount and leading the way once again.    And I am still going to go mineral hunting at clear creek too one day WITH a legal permit.

- the skipper

May the force be with you!