weimedog

Herlings Ducking AMA opportunities?

Something that was kicked around for probably 15 seconds in the KTM Camp....his coming over to AMA this year as he will be too far back to actually contend for a championship. AND was on a few posts....but pretty quickly went away. First the KTM organization doesn't get much if he does. Tomac is going thought Melt Down, Chances are either Musquin or Webb wins the class..:) Maybe a Roczen or Tomac re-ignited in a worst case for KTM scenario.

AND chances are if he came over here for a season he would end up somewhere behind the Baggett level of riding....LOL! Maybe top 5...not what the fastest guy on the planet wants to do.

So my theory.... the reason he's NOT going to be here is he knows there is nothing to gain and a lot to loose....in image.  And the FIM wanting the GP to be premier, would not like seeing their God of Motocross end up out of the top 5....LOL! BUT if he did.....and he won.... how many in this world have won the premier class on two continents? The two most competitive series on the planet? Might make HIM the GOAT?

Edited by weimedog

29 minutes ago, weimedog said:

Something that was kicked around for probably 15 seconds in the KTM Camp....his coming over to AMA this year as he will be too far back to actually contend for a championship. AND was on a few posts....but pretty quickly went away. First the KTM organization doesn't get much if he does. Tomac is going thought Melt Down, Chances are either Musquin or Webb wins the class..:) Maybe a Roczen or Tomac re-ignited in a worst case for KTM scenario.

AND chances are if he came over here for a season he would end up somewhere behind the Baggett level of riding....LOL! Maybe top 5...not what the fastest guy on the planet want to do.

So my theory.... the reason he's NOT going to be here is he knows there is nothing to gain and a lot to loose....in image.  And the FIM wanting the GP to be premier, would not like seeing their God of Motocross end up out of the top 5....LOL! BUT if he did.....and he won.... how many in this world have won the premier class on two continents? The two most competitive series on the planet? Might make HIM the GOAT?

Sponsors sponsors sponsors. All paying him to ride GPS. That's your answer.

• Like 5

Nothing is set in stone ,he has to see how his injury heals ,if he misses 2 rounds of mxgp he said he doesn't feel he could win it , so at that point ama is possible

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mog said:

Nothing is set in stone ,he has to see how his injury heals ,if he misses 2 rounds of mxgp he said he doesn't feel he could win it , so at that point ama is possible

It would be great for him to come over here and face some real competition for a change.  :devil:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, mog said:

He will have to change the language in his contracts to keep those contracts .

1 minute ago, jcm3 said:

It would be great for him to come over here and face some real competition for a change.  :devil:

Him and web in the same pit area. They just might fall in love. So would it be cooper herlings or jeffery web.😂

Unlikely he will come here.  Last thing he wants is to get bitch slapped by Roczen and Tomac all summer and then have to try and still convince everyone he's the best.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mog said:

I was told by Herlings swingers that 2 rounds is nothing to him.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

I was told by Herlings swingers that 2 rounds is nothing to him.

That's what his most loyal and race intelligant fans have been saying for a month now.

That's why he could never win us title. Always hurt would miss to many rounds.

9 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Unlikely he will come here.  Last thing he wants is to get bitch slapped by Roczen and Tomac all summer and then have to try and still convince everyone he's the best.

Him not winning the title would hit the European and Dutch fans like the great depression. 

Causing bookies to go bankrupt and down spiralling there economic growth.

• Haha 1

Lol yes he's scared ,frightened to come

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Little to gain, lots to lose. He won't come over for a full season.

Unless he’s asked politely. IMG_4583.JPG
  • Like 1

There is nothing about Herlings that I like, however anyone thinking he couldn't come over here and be a real threat to win the  outdoors isn't thinking clearly. If he isn't healed in time to make a run at the GP, I bet he comes over here for the nationals. Between him, Webb, Tomac, and Kroc it should make for a great outdoor season.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, miller388 said:

There is nothing about Herlings that I like, however anyone thinking he couldn't come over here and be a real threat to win the  outdoors isn't thinking clearly. If he isn't healed in time to make a run at the GP, I bet he comes over here for the nationals. Between him, Webb, Tomac, and Kroc it should make for a great outdoor season.

I agree 100%. Its all the hed be taking candy from a babey talk and what happened at mxon nation shit gets old. That's why I like trying to even the sides. 

He still would have to redo all of his contacts and some sponsors may not want to pay.

I hope he comes over. 

If he comes for the Outdoor MX Nationals there will be a lot of US riders getting the question....."is that a hump on your back"? Their answer...."no, it's where Herlings kicked my ass"!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gotta wonder how the difference in tracks would affect Herlings performance over here, I would imagine it definitely would be a factor.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Dklassen said:

I’m not a KTM owner or a Herlings fan but the guy just rips! I would like to see how he does in the US outdoor series. I sure wouldn’t bet against him.

Agreed, any fan would love to see the best all competing on the same track.  It's too bad there wasn't a way to combine the GPs and the American nationals.

• Like 2