Dead Fragz

2009 Kx250f having idle problems

bike had a valve job just done and the carb jets were just cleaned. on e thing i have noticed is that when the float is level and i put the bowl back on it doesn't let fuel in so i have it adjusted weird. but it only idles with the choke on i got new stock jets and those didn't work i have bigger jets that it had originally on and it still doesn't idle then when it shuts off it has a hard time starting.

8 minutes ago, HevyRotashunz said:

Reset your float height.

if i do the float needle wont let fuel through. ive tried setting it i found the spot where it doesnt over flow the carb but does fill it up maybe need a new float needle? and to add to the note when kicked over it like feels like the chain gets stuck or something like almost like a messed up crank on a bike where when you peedle it feels like it misses a tooth or something

Edited by Dead Fragz

1 minute ago, HevyRotashunz said:

Possibly. That really sounds like your problem.

i added on thanks for you help! im thinking timing is off as well not 100% sure "new to dirt bikes"

Was it a valve replacement or just a shim job?
Was the bike running weird before the valve job?
The float height needs to be correct to make the rest of the jetting work properly.

The kick symptom can be a few things.
Crank bearing binding
Kick starter gear missing tooth
Valve clearance set wrong so auto-decompression stops working
Timing set wrong.... but bike wouldn’t normally start in this case.

18 hours ago, Thommo_400f said:

Was it a valve replacement or just a shim job?
Was the bike running weird before the valve job?
The float height needs to be correct to make the rest of the jetting work properly.

The kick symptom can be a few things.
Crank bearing binding
Kick starter gear missing tooth
Valve clearance set wrong so auto-decompression stops working
Timing set wrong.... but bike wouldn’t normally start in this case.

it did run and it was a shim job, but to keep it running it you had to rev it up and it always had a high idle. im going to get a new float needle either today or in a couple days. it has a hard time starting atm but its probably because of the cold and the fuel because of the float ill keep you updated. Thanks For the help!