1986 XR250R shifter shaft replacement

I recently bought a 1986 XR250R that had a broken shifter shaft. I already have the new part but i'm having some difficulty splitting the two crank cases. I have the top end completely dismantled and I was able to split the two cases about 3/4 of an inch but something is not allowing to split all the way. I haven't pulled the clutch and would prefer not to, I just need to know the simplest way to split the two cases I don't have any specialized tools or anything like that. Is it possible to pull off the flywheel to split the cases and ignore the clutch all together?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

I've gotten all the bolts out of the crankcase there's 12 on my machine. The engine is in neutral and I can get around a 3/4 gap all the way around the two crankcases. I still have the full clutch assembly on, plates and everything as well as the fly wheel. If there is a method to swap out the shifting fork that doesn't involve removing the clutch that would be ideal but if there isn't i'll just have to order the clutch lock nut.

Also thank you for the service manual I did not have one