Johnny Depp

Red Betas to return?

The Beta Boano Team bike photos have been released ahead of next weeks 1st race of the 2019 Enduro GP Season. 

Could this mean the return of red for production models?

https://enduro21.com/index.php/endurogp/3930-beta-boano-racing-turn-red-for-2019-endurogp-world-championship-season

I personally always wanted red with gold suspension and rims, and it looks awesome! I had a Honda 1987 CR250 and always thought it was the best looking color combo, as have others in a vote on VitalMX.

Edited by Johnny Depp
  • Like 5

Yes red Beta’s will return. Then white will come back again💁‍♀️  

Look over the short history of their dirt bikes already. Red to white, then slowly red with just front fender and shrouds red in 2014. Rear fender got red in 2015. Then 2017 white again.  Now the Holcomb replica has a red front end again. They just go in cycles changing it up every few years. 

They’ve been doing the same thing with the trials bikes for years, makes it hard to stock fenders since they are always changing it up, plus black is added to that mix as well. 

BTW, I like red and gold also. Because Ty was running the Öhlins forks last year we thought they would look even better with a red bike so we went that way. Plus the fact we wanted his bike to look differently than the race team bikes. 

Edited by Cullins
  • Like 1

I have a complete set of white and a set of red bodywork. I like the red, hands-down!

Plus I live in an area with lots of red dirt/mud that plays hell with the white plastic...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mark-us-B said:

Plus I live in an area with lots of red dirt/mud that plays hell with the white plastic...

shout stain remover. catch it on sale at wallymart, spray the whole bike down and rinse. works great

• Helpful 1

Just now, randysoo said:

shout stain remover. catch it on sale at wallymart, spray the whole bike down and rinse. works great

Does it leave our graphics alone?

Bitchen ! I’ll steal it from the little woman as we got it in the laundry room.
Thanks, as Foresthill mud played lots of issues for me and my lazy ass in washing the bike with white plastic after a days ride. As I want to purchase a set of Boano graphics that work with white plastics nicely.
But I do dig my red plastics with 2016 RE-RR graphics

I like the white, except the florescent orange graphix are ugly. If they ever bring back the white, use the red of the frame with black would look better. My 18 300rr looks like a circus clown. It bad enough a clown is riding it, but it does not need look like a clown car. Too many different colors for my liking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If I do the 2020 beta 300 race, it will end up all black no matter what.

Edited by surfer-dude

Yes, love the red and gold. Hopefully the 2020 re will be these colors! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, randysoo said:

Oxalic acid or TSP are a few of the others that work well. :cheers:

52 minutes ago, randysoo said:

won't those oxidize aluminum?

Not sure, but they will bleach plastic, fiberglass and wood.

Guessing, the OA will attack bare aluminum and the TSP won't.

I use S100 and SuperTech engine cleaner to clean the whole bike.

Edited by Beta300recat

Posted (edited)

It's Happening...

And check out that pipe.

Edited by Johnny Depp
  • Like 1

Things I noticed in this photo are the 2018 style fork "shoes" and guards and a 125 kick starter.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RMS83843 said:

Things I noticed in this photo are the 2018 style fork "shoes" and guards and a 125 kick starter.

weight saving measure? better leverage for kicking?