1 hour ago, Robert Malcolm John Livingstone said:

we had a old Bultaco we had to tow start when it was cold but once it started  man o man did that thing haul ass !!!

I put a Mikuni carb on mine made a big difference :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Robert Malcolm John Livingstone said:

quiet a lot of them got road registered even little Honda 50cc with lights and blinkers use to get around town

I'm sure it was fun to zip around town on one of those.

Heck, I had a ball riding the lower speed limit streets here with an old TTR225 that I made street legal with two sets of wheels, tires, and chains.  It was plenty agile enough on the roads and cruised up to 45mph w/o feeling like it was over-revving.

It was actually my first bike I bought when I got back into riding off road back in 2013.  I would remove the mirrors and plastic wind shield, swap wheels and chain, and it was back to being a dirt bike.  It was not fun in the tight single track, but was great for me on the more open trails in Colorado, Arkansas, Michigan, Illinois, and Missouri.

P1010124.JPG

Edited by Center Punch
clarity
  • Like 1

1984 Honda CR80R - "This is how Hurricanes get started"...  I stared at that bike for as many hours as I rode it :D

cr80r.jpg

• Like 3

At the age of 16 I had a Suzuki TS50 like this. Great starter bike! IMG_8567.JPG

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

1971 JT-1 Mini Enduro 60 complete with Evel Knevel helmet & matching red socks! I wanted a SL-70, but my dad bought me the Yamaha instead & that started a 37 year love affair with Yamaha. After the Mini I had a 78 YZ 250, 81 YZ 125, 82 YZ 250, 86 XT 350, 88 YZ 250, 93 YZ 250, 97 YZ 250, 99 WR 400F, & 2008 WR 250R.

This article brought back memories - https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/yamaha-jt-1-mini-enduro-motorcycle

The 99 WR 400F is where I got my signature line I use on here. I put a Baja Designs dual Sport kit on it & took it to the Motocross track one day & some guys were making fun of me riding a "street" bike with blinkers & a license plate on a MX track until I literally blew my horn at them when I passed them over the triples that they were scared to try on their 2 stroke race bikes!

Years later I finally bought that SL-70 I always wanted for my wife to ride but the first time she rode it she ran through a barbed wire fence so that was the end of that! She was ok but it scared her & she never rode again.

Mini Enduro.jpg

Edited by rustyg61
  • Like 4

On 3/9/2019 at 2:15 AM, jms130 said:

1973 - got a qa50 just like the one below. It started a life long obsession with motorcycles.

qa 50.jpg

I had two of these Amigo QA50 My first bike with gears   Got another for my girlfriend when i was 21 and she loved it great little bikes they lived up to there name back then as the Honda fun bikes use to ride all day on a full tank :)

• Like 1