KTM 125sx. I am getting excessive vibration in the handlebars.

1 hour ago, LAKE PLOWMAN said:

I am getting excessive vibration in the handlebars. I am missing a pipe Spring, just ordered a new one. New Renthal Twinwalls, New Fmf Factory Fatty, and Stock Rubber Cones. Whats the issue, We have tried alot?

I had 2013 KTM 450 and had same problem - could nod figuer out why. Maybe something to do with steel frame?!

As above, you really need to give more information. Is it something that has just happened and the bike was fine to this point, or have you just got the bike? How many hours on the motor? They are pretty vibey little engines anyway. We used to use twinwalls, but found they were way too stiff so cut the bridge piece through the middle and merely used it as a bar pad mount (Tony Cairolli used to do the same). We now only use Fatbars, together with PHDS mounts on our 125s and vibes are manageable.  It is important that the engine bolts, swing arm bolt and braces are torqued up correctly and the rotor is correctly torqued up.  If it is a 2016 on 125 there have been some issues with the rotor which was new for that year on. Bob

Hmm. lot of hours - do you know if the rod bearing and mains have been done? Presume there was no up and down play on the rod.  A piston change definitely wouldn't cause excessive vibes. I would def check the rotor as well - both failed on our 16s - the liner which covers the magnets  is glued in and came adrift on both, one actually broke into pieces when it came into contact with the crankcase. Bikes started fine but performance was real poor and the vibes increased but not maybe as bad as you are describing. Bob.