Paying cash for a trail guide at Windrock Park March 9th and 10th

Hey guys,

I've been asking around for some help to find this "secret single track" the locals keep quiet about. We get it, preserving trails isnt a new concept to us by any means.

We came down last year and did a lot of riding, but we know we didnt find even a sliver of what mountain single track the place has to offer.

I've had a thread going and several private messages, to enlist a trail guide for a couple days during our trip to show us around to the "good trails". It seems to come back around to the same issue each time: the locals dont want to reveal these areas.

We're not a bunch of hooligans hell bent on ruining trails, leaving garbage, or the like, we're all 30+ year old experienced riders who just want one more shot at exploring the area. If anyone with the necessary skillset to take us on a full day (or two) guided tour of the single track is interested in riding for cash money (we can negotiate a price in PM's), please hit me back. We will not disclose the trails and their locations to anyone outside of our group of 4, and when our 1 week ride is done, it's back to Canada for spring and another year of northern riding.

Thanks

Edited by omni
  • Like 1

This topic is so interesting to me. I can definitely see both sides of the coin, and I'm an outsider. After interacting with some of the locals on here, I'm sure someone will reach out to y'all, if they haven't already. 

If there's any place "at risk" of being ruined by hooligans, it would be Windrock. It's owned by a company that probably doesn't need the park open to operate; probably only exists because Tennessee might give some tax incentives to large land holders for outdoor recreation but I could be wrong. That part of TN is the hub for offroading to a hell of a large population within day's drive so it could easily see the wrong type of folk. Just look at the number of threads on here trying to find info on Windrock, myself included. Touchy subject, no doubt.

I only live about 30 minutes away but haven't been there in 15 years. Try looking up the Volunteer Riders club in Knoxville. Those guys go there a lot. Maybe one of them can help you out.

I see everyone's point on this.

I too am now lucky enough to travel from one of the country to the other. I intend on riding as much as I can while doing so. Ya My friends and I have super secret riding areas that if we let the locals know about, it would look like a freeway after a while and we would find jeeps and quads using it.   Some of us, as we get older, just want to ride. Hell I can't remember what I ate for dinner, let alone the secret trails some showed me.

Come out West (Northern CA Sierra's) July, August, November, December and I'll take you on our stuff. Hell, I only have 15 to 20 more years of riding and the trails will revert back to overgrowth stuff if it not used sometimes.