Jump to content
sebas1221

Best way of cleaning engine cases?

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

I use this stuff . I dont put water in engines sry doc 🤪

15553611382673089771982946365293.jpg

👍 I was using crc it's good stuff but $5 a can was pissing me off, went into Walmart $1.69 can for their stuff. I bought 2 boxes😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smoking 2's said:

👍 I was using crc it's good stuff but $5 a can was pissing me off, went into Walmart $1.69 can for their stuff. I bought 2 boxes😁

So brake cleaner like that is safe on trans bearings? I just want to make sure don't damage any bearings that are in good shape. I'm replacing the crank bearings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Douwe Berger said:

So brake cleaner like that is safe on trans bearings? I just want to make sure don't damage any bearings that are in good shape. I'm replacing the crank bearings.

Yep. Clean, a little air and oil them right after cleaning

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wash them just like the dishes. After I give them a BLOW JOB, the bearings all get WD-40 and another good old fashion BLOW JOB, followed by a lube of favorite trans  oil. 

Your welcome to visualize all of this. 

Signed, 

DOM

Edited by 2 STROKE YZ DOC
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It should go without saying  (but it bears repeating) ...do not spin your bearings dry with compressed air.  If you need to dry them with air, hold 'em still with your finger, then lube them once dry.

  • Like 3
  • Helpful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ss-racing said:

It should go without saying  (but it bears repeating) ...do not spin your bearings dry with compressed air.  If you need to dry them with air, hold 'em still with your finger, then lube them once dry.

Yah, I forgot to mention that also, don't be like Richard, he can be a Dick sometimes. 

Reminds me of when I was a kid, my neighbor was Ritchy to all of us, but when mom came out side and called Dick home, we all gave in to busting up. Like crank calling Mr. Harry Wiener when caller ID was not a thing. 

What a bunch of rotten kids we was. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pressure wash mine.  I use a milkcrate and use screw drivers through the case/crate to keep things steady while I spray, works great and keeps the gasket surfaces away from the 200 grit driveway :).  Follow it up with Eagle One Mag wheel cleaner and a tooth brush for the tough stuff and they are good enough.  Air compressor and WD-40 if the bearings are staying in.  If I'm going for a show room finish, I second mailing them off to vapor blaster.  Soda blasting isn't bad either, nicer than the pressure wash/mag wheel cleaner but nowhere near as nice as vapor blasting.

Edited by sclogger
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×