Tomac to Honda

What I think is f’ing comical is someone who assumes they know who someone else is on the interwebz...

Who the F is Many/Manny/Mani ? 

Not the name on my paycheck that’s for sure.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/3/2019 at 6:31 AM, 74one said:

I think Tomac has at least one year left?

Kawi will keep Savatgy, he's had a good showing for a rookie

Hill will struggle to find a ride

Marv stays with KTM

AC will have some options.

This will be funny when silly season starts, and I realize I don't know jack about it.  ?

He may want to stay I'm not so sure they will want him to stay. He's getting up there in age and this year has shown he isn't mentally tough enough to be a winner. I really like the guy and he is talented but I just don' think there is enough kill in him to be a champion.

On 3/22/2019 at 2:03 AM, TeamGreenCrewChief said:

What I think is f’ing comical is someone who assumes they know who someone else is on the interwebz...

Who the F is Many/Manny/Mani ? 

Not the name on my paycheck that’s for sure.....

What's even funnier is when you have conversations with people and they have no idea you post on social media. 

Ed, Richard, dick it's all the same. Why you wasted your time when you have bikes to work on is maybe why they've broken down lately ?

On 4/15/2019 at 1:00 PM, VELORACERMIKE said:

He may want to stay I'm not so sure they will want him to stay. He's getting up there in age and this year has shown he isn't mentally tough enough to be a winner. I really like the guy and he is talented but I just don' think there is enough kill in him to be a champion.

I'm a MORAN.

Edited by DylDog

9 minutes ago, DylDog said:

have you forgot about back to back outdoor titles?  or does that just get left out cause it doesn't fit your narrative.  he already has an extension in place with Kawi.

I bolded the part about Marvin...my comment has nothing to do with Tomac go back and look.

Found this:

https://motocross.transworld.net/news/monster-energy-kawaskai-2019-team-information/

3. Eli Tomac

Mechanic | Brian Kranz

After signing a “multi-year” contract extension with Monster Energy Kawasaki in the middle of the 2016 season (we have been told it was a three-year agreement), Eli Tomac is slated to enter the final year of his current deal with the team, but it’s expected that he will re-up and continue on green. 2018 was remarkable for Tomac, as he entered the Monster Energy Supercross Series has a title contender and led the opening Main Event at Anaheim One until a crash injured his shoulder and broke the clasp on his pants. The pain was too much to deal with one week later at Houston and he sat out the night show, but then clocked back to back wins at Anaheim Two and Glendale. Crashes at Oakland, San Diego, and Indianapolis greatly affected his final point total and despite eight wins on the year, he was only third in the final standings.

ETs body language and the takin it easy then sudenly blazing fast...

seems to me he may be both letting "them" know whos boss, and reminding the "others" that his speed is in tact.

even his starts make me think of someone who is holding back from full go for it dive, and when the air is clear he takes advantage. Yes I get that hes not a good starter, but im not convinced hes as bad as it seems.

My take a month ago, and I have yet to see any solid evidence to the contrary

If there is trouble on the team that is effecting him enough and there doesnt seem to be a remidy, then I have no trouble believing he will jump ship contract or not. 

At this point in career what does he really have to loose??

Edited by lowmass

19 minutes ago, lowmass said:

ETs body language and the takin it easy then sudenly blazing fast...

seems to me he may be both letting "them" know whos boss, and reminding the "others" that his speed is in tact.

even his starts make me think of someone who is holding back from full go for it dive, and when the air is clear he takes advantage. Yes I get that hes not a good starter, but im not convinced hes as bad as it seems.

My take a month ago, and I have yet to see any solid evidence to the contrary

If there is trouble on the team that is effecting him enough and there doesnt seem to be a remidy, then I have no trouble believing he will jump ship contract or not. 

At this point in career what does he really have to loose??

I agree, very odd.  In one of the triple crown races, he was 11th on the first lap and came back to win by a few seconds in dominating fashion.  In the third race (on the same night), he was 11th again and got sixth and seemed to struggle being there.  Odd.  The bike, track and conditions were pretty much the same, as were the riders in front of him that he already passed.  Performance isn't always consistent, I get that, but the difference in performance in those races within a few hours of each other?  Odd.

It's hard to believe he'd be not giving it 100% due to frustration with the team, as some have said, as title opportunities don't come along that often and he's already about the same age as Villopoto was when he retired, with 9 titles.  But, who knows?

• Helpful 1

1 hour ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

There are rumors floating around that Marvin is talking to other teams, wants away from Webb.

Jealousy and bitterness on the pumpkin humper squad?  

Maybe Muskman resents having been forced to train with Webb, thus boosting Webb's confidence?  

Perhaps Webb started out with Muskman's bike settings, another thing to be resentful about?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jcm3 said:

I agree, very odd.  In one of the triple crown races, he was 11th on the first lap and came back to win by a few seconds in dominating fashion.  In the third race (on the same night), he was 11th again and got sixth and seemed to struggle being there.  Odd.  The bike, track and conditions were pretty much the same, as were the riders in front of him that he already passed.  Performance isn't always consistent, I get that, but the difference in performance in those races within a few hours of each other?  Odd.

It's hard to believe he'd be not giving it 100% due to frustration with the team, as some have said, as title opportunities don't come along that often and he's already about the same age as Villopoto was when he retired, with 9 titles.  But, who knows?

he's talked about struggling with arm pump.  I think thats the most logical explanation.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 3:34 PM, redrider144 said:

He reportedly signed an extension this year and was already under contract through 2020 prior.  He's on green for the foreseeable future.

With Mike leaving and his ability to test and run equipment hes comfy with he could stay green. If Mike never left there was no way he was gonna stay.

• Like 1

has anyone got the short end of the stick worse then marv?   At the end of dungeys run it seemed like Marv was right there in speed but dunge was ktm's #1 guy. after dunge retired marv had a year struggling with injuries, then webb comes in and almost immediately supplants him as the #1 guy.  Now Marv is at an age where it is going to be very difficult for him to win his first 450 title and I wouldn't fault KTM if they wanted to move on.  question is would marv stay in the states orwould a change prompt him to go back to europe.