Want helmet advice for my wife

Hello ladies, I hope it is okay for me to post my questions in here being just a man. 

I would like to get my wife a new helmet, but a somewhat specific type of helmet. Been listening to her wants about her next helmet, and she is looking for a sort of dualsport type, but built more for the road riding end of dualsport, with a visor and drop down sunglasses piece she can lower or raise. She has a full street, and full dirt bike only helmets already. This is something quieter at say 60 mph than a dirt bike helmet is, and more aerodynamic to. But not so hot she has a burning head like her street only helmet is. Any advice on some makes and models that fit that use? Thanks Ty

9 hours ago, RevyRoamer said:

Hello ladies, I hope it is okay for me to post my questions in here being just a man. 

I would like to get my wife a new helmet, but a somewhat specific type of helmet. Been listening to her wants about her next helmet, and she is looking for a sort of dualsport type, but built more for the road riding end of dualsport, with a visor and drop down sunglasses piece she can lower or raise. She has a full street, and full dirt bike only helmets already. This is something quieter at say 60 mph than a dirt bike helmet is, and more aerodynamic to. But not so hot she has a burning head like her street only helmet is. Any advice on some makes and models that fit that use? Thanks Ty

Is your wife hot? Then buy her an Arai or Shoei. If she's ugly anything else will do.

Edited by martinrommie
  • Haha 1

I really like the AFX FX39.  I use one for both dualsport and street.  They are starting to close them out on E-bay, and other sites, so there are good values to be had.

MV1%20001.jpg

Nice helmet for the dirt, while being fairly quiet and resistant to wind buffeting at higher street speeds.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 10:16 AM, RevyRoamer said:

Hey Ty, I'm interested to know what helmet you ended up getting for your wife and if she's happy with it! It's a minefield out there with information on helmets, fitting and new helmet models coming out. It can be hard to know what to get!  - Jess

She needs to try on different helmets and find one that fits good. Arai helmets have a good reputation but they don't fit my head. Every head is different.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 10:29 PM, martinrommie said:

Is your wife hot? Then buy her an Arai or Shoei. If she's ugly anything else will do.

F992B3E4-DC9E-4CB4-A54F-7D58A001E709.jpeg

My husband got me the matte black BELL dualsport MX-9 Adventure MIPS Helmet last year and I LOVE it. I have a CRF250L and its exactly what I was looking for. He also got me a tinted/mirrored face shield I can swap out easily. I feel very safe in it and it really limits the amount of wind you hear on the inside of the helmet while riding. I definitely recommend! 

https://www.denniskirk.com/bell-helmets/mx-9-adventure-mips-helmet.pfp3310721.prdf?utm_source=google&utm_medium=csecid=6821162156&aid=76472566741&keyword=826058534046%3A%3Apla-826058534046&kid=826058534046&gclid=CjwKCAiAx_DwBRAfEiwA3vwZYpvSrgWWL1bwxPJ3L8lcLaG60b-9G6Rnj7j98OpEaT_rN7cgNDxQKhoCQK8QAvD_BwE