Sign in to follow this  

FE 250 Speedometer with water inside

Hi guys,

Bought a new FE 250 final December and made a few rides with it but after 14 hours and 450 km the speedometer stopped working, turned off, and got wet inside. It never worked again, so the dealer replaced it with a new one, same as stock.

The problem is that after only two more rides, 4 hours and 135 km it happened again. The speedometer got water inside again and stopped working. It shows the numbers but didn't start working and counting...

It seems that the Portuguese importer of Husqvarna and their dealers are aware of this problem but I don't know if they will replace it again or how many times more.

Here we are in the Winter, get some rain and low temperatures, about 4 or 5º Celsius, and every time I ride I wash the bike with water pressure but have very careful to not pour water directly to the speedometer or too close, but I have to wash the bike and this speedometer need to be waterproof, I'm I wrong?

I'm not the only one with this problem, last month I knew a guy, with a TE 250, that has the same problem...

Does anyone have the same (bad) experience? What can I do or what another speedometer should I ask my dealer?

Thanks for any help 😉

Humidade 01.jpg

Humidade 04.jpg

IMG_20190228_140947.jpg

Edited by mikewedge

If you want it replaced under warranty (I would), it needs to be replaced with OEM.  You can certainly purchase a different dash/speedo/odo unit but it will be completely at your expense.  We've had a few bikes with "wet dashes" and they've all been replaced under warranty, no problem.  So far no repeat offenders.

• Like 1

My dealer replaced mine and then I never had a problem again. This is a common known problem 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

My dealer replaced mine and then I never had a problem again. This is a common known problem 

Common to many other brands also.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, weantright said:

Common to many other brands also.

Made by same people or just the same country?

i hope they don’t make electronics for commercial airliners 

Edited by TigerTanker
  • Like 1