5 hours ago, KnotAPro said:

Now that is some really cool history. I wish I could have grown up in California. All the historical racing of all the motorsports. My dad loved motorcycles but didn't really mention Motocross. Our family was into circle track racing. Paved and dirt tracks. I got to California in 1980 while serving my country, left in 2002. All my sailor buddies kept telling me about Carlsbad having MX and Dragstrip racing events. Also Riverside Raceway for NASCAR.  I guess my low pay at the time kept me from going, rather drink beer and watch it on TV which I did. California was awesome while I lived in it, it got scary with all the crime in San Diego especially the Human Trafficking into the neighboring country. Having young children of my own made it my only fear of living there. But back to MX/SX racing. As my pay-grade climbed I started going to every SX I could go to at Jack Murphy Stadium and {LA Coliseum (just SX)} to include all the other racing events of off-road trucks, monster truck etc. But I still never travelled to see the MX World in other parts of the state. I had the RV's of all kinds to go and stay but didn't have friends that got into it (sharing the cost) I guess is my best reasoning for not being there. I actually didn't start riding dirt bikes till I was 55 year old. Now at 60+ I love it. I ride and race all the time. Here is Alabama we have a SEVMX Series that I absolutely enjoy participating in events at Monster Mountain in May and September each year. They have their own website with posted dates on it for the races scheduled for 2019. I plan to race at three events. The May Holiday Weekend and the September Holiday Weekend plus an October race at Rocky River Farms in Tennessee.

I must say it is a real joy to read about all these different riders and the history of brands of dirt bikes (Harley Davidson) gave it a one year try Hmmm. I go look up as much as I can on You-Tube when someone posts a rider or MX/SX race they saw personally within whatever year. It is so cool to see how bikes were engineered and how much better they are today. The advancements in suspension is my favorite subject. The Air Shocks are what I call the stupid choice some manufactures have made. Sometimes it is just better to technically improve hydraulics. Especially when a company figures out they spent an azz load of money to make failing suspensions like Suzuki did for Roczen and KTM's rear shock for Dungy.

Anyway, please! continue to post your favorites so I have something to do at work.     

Need to read this closer when I get home but we may have been standing side by side at races 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

Need to read this closer when I get home but we may have been standing side by side at races 

Mostly Circle Track in California, Arizona for many years. Ascot Speedway(L.A.) Sprint Cars, El Cajon Speedway(S. D.) local level, Petoluma Speedway near NAPA Valley local level, Sears Point NASCAR, PIR(Glendale AZ) NASCAR, Manzanita Speedway(AZ) local level and World of Outlaws, Lake Havasue Speedway local level, Speedway 109 (S.D.) local level & World of Outlaws and Riverside Speedway (Hemet) NASCAR.

Home track(s): El Cajon and Speedway 109 in the San Diego area. And of course the J.M. Stadium for all the off-road events.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 2:51 PM, Babyarmholdingapple said:

I am not sure when I became aware it was Bob Hannah winning as I was coming to grips with Marty Smith losing.

Bob Hannah was not a name and Marty Smith was the stool pusher wearing Red White and Blue and overnight he sucked!

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 2.48.13 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

50 minutes ago, skorpan777 said:

Must clarify, I thought this was a fan picture of Valentino Rossi, I don't like Rossi he's a diva 

So sorry..... 

Who in MotoGP isn’t  a diva?!?!?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Damn, I was on a 125 Elisnore in 75 and 76. You must be just a couple years younger than me, about Wardy's age.

55. Growing up was always a fan of Roger D. It was great that back then the Carlsbad USGP race was part of the Wide World of Sports broadcast. 5 time world champion but he could never win at Carlsbad.

The last race of his career at Carlsbad...

• Like 4