Oil change needed after bike was in storage?

I know this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything when I searched. It's been about a year and 4 months since I last changed the oil on my '09 YZ (Amsoil synthetic), have only taken it out 2-3 times and put 7 hours on it since then. I do start it up regularly, and usually also ride it around the block and check the oil. From what I can see on the dipstick, the oil still looks new. My YZ has stayed in the garage, never exposed to the elements or humidity. Since it's not quite at the 10 hour mark yet for the next oil change, even though it's been over a year, is it ok to get a ride or two in until it's closer to the 10-hour mark before the next oil change?

I think you know that changing the oil is a better option, so I read your question more like "is it bad if I don't change it?". To that, I answer no: one or two more rides on that oil, in my opinion, won't change absolutely anything, especially if you're not racing and pushing the engine to its limits.

And since the bike seems to have been sitting unused for a long period of time, it might even be a better option to put one ride in with the current oil, let it pick up all the small particles that might have deposited inside the engine, and do an oil change right after it. 

Edited by 120CCPM

On 3/11/2019 at 5:57 PM, 120CCPM said:

I think you know that changing the oil is a better option, so I read your question more like "is it bad if I don't change it?". To that, I answer no: one or two more rides on that oil, in my opinion, won't change absolutely anything, especially if you're not racing and pushing the engine to its limits.

And since the bike seems to have been sitting unused for a long period of time, it might even be a better option to put one ride in with the current oil, let it pick up all the small particles that might have deposited inside the engine, and do an oil change right after it. 

I did intend to ask if it's bad if I dont change it. I don't have time to do it by this weekend's upcoming ride, so I'm just wondering if it wouldn't hurt to ride it on the current oil, and I will be taking it easy on the bike.