bigbob

Georgetown Closed this weekend 3/16 due to tree fall.

Posted (edited)

I talked with the ranger again today.  There is a crew of sawyer volunteers out there clearing tree fall on rock creek road and west side trails.     The snow is gone on the west side.  They said call back Friday to know if west side is open. I plan to ride it if so.   8 am at Wortons 

Edited by bigbob
  • Like 1

ya know,  We have spent most of our small tax return on paying old Visa bills and buying some little things.   I put aside $400 for my new Saw to be picked up this  Friday on that one-day sale as planned.  But as I get closer to that day of giving up that cash, I think ouch once I spend it, it's gone.    I am still committed to the CS 355T with a 16" bar though,   I will see Friday If I buy it or walk............     

Hopping and going around logs is one thing, but trail blocks are another . Both gold note and GT still have trail blocking tree fall. But yeah I did survive it .

5 hours ago, bigbob said:

Hopping and going around logs is one thing, but trail blocks are another . Both gold note and GT still have trail blocking tree fall. But yeah I did survive it .

Let us experienced sawyers take care of things, bob. Save your $400 for more important things.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, dyrtmon said:

Let us experienced sawyers take care of things, bob. Save your $400 for more important things.

DO you guys not READ?.  how many times do I have to repeat myself.  In 2005 I created the Georgetown OHV Volunteer Sawyer program. Here at TT, I helped organized about 8 riders who all attended a 2-day USFS sawyer training class.  One day in class at the GT ranger station and One day in the field.  Then for 5 years running I led sawyer teams to clear tree fall at GT and FH every winter.  While GT was closed under wet weather each winter/spring, my rider OHV sawyer teams were allowed by the USFS to ride the trails unsupervised and find and remove down trees. 

There is a trail at GT on the darling ridge side, where I cut all the logs for, from a slag pile, and teams of riders and volunteers with a USFS tractor and trailer then disperses the logs in curving patterns on a 2- mile long section fire road under supervision of the USFS  . It was a project idea to re-purpose a fire road into an OHV trail.  Those down logs have now over grown with manzanita 10 years later and the old fire road is now a twisty single trail through the area.   You're welcome

Now you have pissed me off. I am buying that saw tomorrow and I am riding Gt west side On Saturday and re visiting MY trail.  meet at Wortons at 8 am

- the skipper

Edited by bigbob

25 minutes ago, bigbob said:

DO you guys not READ?.  how many times do I have to repeat myself.  In 2005 I created the Georgetown OHV Volunteer Sawyer program. Here at TT, I helped organized about 8 riders who all attended a 2-day USFS sawyer training class.  One day in class at the GT ranger station and One day in the field.  Then for 5 years running I led sawyer teams to clear tree fall at GT and FH every winter.  While GT was closed under wet weather each winter/spring, my rider OHV sawyer teams were allowed by the USFS to ride the trails unsupervised and find and remove down trees. 

There is a trail at GT on the darling ridge side, where I cut all the logs for, from a slag pile, and teams of riders and volunteers with a USFS tractor and trailer then disperses the logs in curving patterns on a 2- mile long section fire road under supervision of the USFS  . It was a project idea to re-purpose a fire road into an OHV trail.  Those down logs have now over grown with manzanita 10 years later and the old fire road is now a twisty single trail through the area.   You're welcome

Now you have pissed me off. I am buying that saw tomorrow and I am riding Gt west side On Saturday and re visiting MY trail

- the skipper

Please forgive me - all your threads about vacillating back and forth as to what saw to get, as well as how to carry it (backpack vs over the bars vs where ever) made me think you had zero idea what you were getting into. I really had no idea you were the expert! Do post a pic of your new saw all mounted up, and I cannot wait to ride your trail once it's cleaned up.

• Like 4

to error is human, to forgive is divine.   You are forgiven.  :D

Got the Sheriff a day early, with oil and 4 quarts of premixed gas out the door for $352

CS 355T with a 16”bar Swheeet

IMG_2978.JPG

that Cs 2511T toy saw is for cutting Twinkies.   Its name is The Twinkie.  I think SCB has one 

twinkies.jpg

It’s now how big it is that matters. That’s what my therapist says.

• Like 1

any guy who hard mounts a Twinkie on his bike, probably is a metro sexual from the bay area and dresses like these guys

PropertyBrothers_JandDprovedhot_skinnyjeans_940x640.jpg

Are you hitting on me again!
Lol!

• Like 3

DO you guys not READ?.  how many times do I have to repeat myself.  In 2005 I created the Georgetown OHV Volunteer Sawyer program. Here at TT, I helped (blah blah blah blah....)

We read just fine.

We just don't bother reading your posts.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pfff, You all seem read them enough to bust my chops this way and that

Posted (edited)

I just wanna which of you three closeted idiots are following this thread. :lol:

Edited by Jeff aka Bolt