kemerer61

14 300xcw starter

I bought a bike with a bad bendix so i replaced the bendix and now the starter carnks but doesnt always start the bike. The battery is giving me 12.9 v off and 14 v running but its a cheap walmart lead acid battery could that be the problem. The bike starts first kick.

Are you trying to start it cold with the starter? My 09 (which has a crappier starter than yours) will only fire the bike when it's good and warmed up.

Are you trying to start it cold with the starter? My 09 (which has a crappier starter than yours) will only fire the bike when it's good and warmed up.
Warm or cold. Itll sometimes fire after a long section of riding and sometimes wont it doesnt seem to be crancking fast enough but the starters new and the nendix is new

21 minutes ago, kemerer61 said:
1 hour ago, Ievko82 said:

Warm or cold. Itll sometimes fire after a long section of riding and sometimes wont it doesnt seem to be crancking fast enough but the starters new and the nendix is new

Try a riding buddies battery before you spend money for a new one.

Good call

Try a riding buddies battery before you spend money for a new one.