Maximus83

OEM fan kit

I went with the spal oem fan kit from ktm on my 2019 300 xc-w tpi that plugs directly into the oem plug under the tank and the plug (relay?) that goes under the seat. Does anyone know what temperature the fan kicks on at? I took the bike up to 190 and it didn’t kick on. Is there something I missed or was I just not hot enough?

IMG_0395.thumb.JPG.adcff9550c47d621aaceaf5f6532f4a7.JPG

The 4 stroke fan kits were set to come on at 95oC which is about 203oF. I’d think they are the same, so ur not hot enough yet.

From the directions I've seen from Trailtech (same kit), the TPI requires the add on KTM harness to connect to the battery (nothing fancy, just a fused cable to hook to the battery terminals).  From what I've read, on the TPI that plug is turned on by the factory temp sensor (not sure on the temp).  You could check and see if it has power when the bike is off.  I'm guessing it doesn't.

I just installed the OEM KTM fan kit on my 18 carb 250 XC-W and I plugged into the factory connector but it has power all the time.

If you want to set the temp to whatever you want, I believe you will need to hook to the battery.