95jersey

Camping in/near Reading Anthracite?

Looking to spend a weekend single track riding with friends, and prefer to camp somewhere on or very close to the trail with my RV.  I thought I read that overnight camping is not allowed at any of the parking areas?  Are there ANY options?  It doesn't need to be an official campground per say, if they allow overnight parking (eg. wallmart). 

I also see there is a campsite called Trailhead Campground in Coal Township and it says they are adjacent to the trailhead.  Is this area good?  Looking primarily for single track.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

On 3/14/2019 at 12:17 PM, 95jersey said:

Looking to spend a weekend single track riding with friends, and prefer to camp somewhere on or very close to the trail with my RV.  I thought I read that overnight camping is not allowed at any of the parking areas?  Are there ANY options?  It doesn't need to be an official campground per say, if they allow overnight parking (eg. wallmart). 

I also see there is a campsite called Trailhead Campground in Coal Township and it says they are adjacent to the trailhead.  Is this area good?  Looking primarily for single track.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Call your local park ranger station. Be honest and nice they can be very helpful. Plus if any one questions what your doing you can tell them you got an ok from the park rangers.