Duct Tape Shootout!

On 3/15/2019 at 7:12 AM, William1 said:

My first real exposure to it was to repair fiberglass race car bodies. 200 MPH tape

Amen to that.  My RV has a one piece fiberglass roof.  It came loose down the entire 40 feet length during a nasty wind storm in the high desert.  2 rolls of duct tape later and the roof was back in place, survived the weekend and the 250 mile drive back home at 70mph no problem.

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 3/16/2019 at 3:00 PM, Kev_XR said:

That would be the "Does your box van say 'Free Candy' on the side" thread.

It’s not the 90s anymore. In order to get kids drawn in,  all the serial killer vans now have to say “free WiFi.”

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Chuck. said:

There is also aluminum duct tape such as Nashua that is rated for higher temp than the cloth tapes.

That's the duct tape that you actually use for ducts.  I found one bike purpose, I use on my air boxes where they are close to exhaust as a thermal barrier.  I doubt it actually does much, but it might buy me a fraction of a second in the case of box-pipe contact.  Or there could be some immeasurable gain in horse power from reducing the intake temperature by .01 degrees, but most importantly, like band-aids, it makes me feel better. 

• Like 2

On 3/16/2019 at 2:21 PM, Tahoe Gator said:

Or this one

I like hot chicks and all, but I just can't get over how godamned bizarre people are.  Not so much the models, but the weirdos on the sidelines.  They are just holding their cell phones, no one is throwing dollar bills.  That kind of thing gets you kicked out of the places i have been.  Lots of lesbians in that crowd... 

• Haha 2

Gorilla tape is also UV resistant last for years in the sun other Duct tapes not so much.

I do like the mill spec 3M aluminium tape for certain applications but body that stuff is expensive.

There is place and time for duct Tape Aluminium or gorilla.

The Super cub pilots around here always carry a roll in the plane to do in field fabric repairs when a rocker stick  pokes a hole  in the fabric.

The one plane in one of the videos was ripped apart by a bear and taped together with 2 boxes of duct tape to fly out to be repaired properly.