Titanman

CRF230F/L Cerakote on my engine cases and covers

Getting ready to finally start my stroker builds and getting my parts all cleaned up and coated.  I got everything Vapor blasted and coated last night in the shop.  Everything turned out great and the coating looks factory.  I used the MC 5100 alunimum clear for the cases to keep those stain free from this Louisiana mud.   If anyone needs some parts blasted or cerakoted shoot me a pm.  

The GH stroker kit arrived today and the piston looks amazing.  :)   

BAA55D2C-D3C9-4679-8236-217683194916.jpeg

EC5E9115-6248-4AA9-B573-DAC9973C1D57.jpeg

0F5742DE-EAF2-46BF-BF52-D4E8B91AE36D.jpeg

C7E64839-E842-45D2-BE0D-7F02EB3847A9.jpeg

FAD449A0-0D56-4615-B768-02A542E24B52.jpeg

C832131A-06C2-41FB-B47B-D7C2B7C7CC82.jpeg

• Like 7

That looks fantastic...!

You suck! I'm green with envy!

You have to sand off the raised part of the cam sprocket cover so that the OHC and the ribs stand out in 2 tone...

And on the covers where HONDA letters are recessed into case... You have to use a black or red nail polish brush to paint the letters a sharp contrast to the case...

Then I can hate you even more😁

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, mixxer said:

That looks fantastic...!

You suck! I'm green with envy!

You have to sand off the raised part of the cam sprocket cover so that the OHC and the ribs stand out in 2 tone...

And on the covers where HONDA letters are recessed into case... You have to use a black or red nail polish brush to paint the letters a sharp contrast to the case...

Then I can hate you even more😁

Not done with them yet...;).  Send me some of your old cases/covers and I can do you up a set.  

• Like 1

Not done with them yet...;).  Send me some of your old cases/covers and I can do you up a set.  
Please detail your Gh stroker biuld. As I'm interested in doing the same on my stock 230. Is yours 4mm stroke or 6mm.
  • Like 1

The GH build will be a 6MM stroker with his piston kit and the ProX rod.  Im also building a 4mm stroker with the Athena piston and the crank was done by Crank Works in Tempe using a Wossner rod and was balanced.   The CW setup will be done first.  I will be using the 2.5 Web cam on both builds.  Its gonna take me some time to get it done but I will keep yall posted.   

Edited by Titanman

Nicely done!

Also, nice plug for Cajun B Pipes in each picture! I recognized that logo immediately - although I have not installed any of your excellent and highly regarded exhaust system components on my Titan - but will, soon. 

Look for me on TitanTalk, I go by mike21b on all boards for continuity. Sorry to hijack your thread - back to original subject...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mike21b said:

Nicely done!

Also, nice plug for Cajun B Pipes in each picture! I recognized that logo immediately - although I have not installed any of your excellent and highly regarded exhaust system components on my Titan - but will, soon. 

Look for me on TitanTalk, I go by mike21b on all boards for continuity. Sorry to hijack your thread - back to original subject...

No problem!  I appreciate the compliments 

Let us know how long your cajun spice lasts on the cases. Probably better than silver Honda paint I would imagine.

This is the same Cerakote used on firearms. Expensive as it is it better be permanent.

Yes this is baked on at 250* for 2 hrs.  The plastic chain guard was at 150* for 1 hour.  This stuff holds up well on exhaust headers so it should be great on these cases.  

• Like 1

Cerakote looks absolutely sick! Love that burnt bronze color. Great job!
Wish I had access to a vapour blaster. Would make for a fun weekend (or 2) project. 

There's lots of how-to videos on youtube, but my fav has been Cameron Niemela's channel. His CR250 bike build series with cerakote & aluminum polishing is a show stunner - if you watch up to the final build. Outside of sports I don't watch tv so I've clocked in a lot of youtube hrs.

Make sure to post pics when your bike's put back together. Love to see how this all looks on our 230s. 

• Like 1

Cerakote looks absolutely sick! Love that burnt bronze color. Great job!
Wish I had access to a vapour blaster. Would make for a fun weekend (or 2) project. 
There's lots of how-to videos on youtube, but my fav has been Cameron Niemela's channel. His CR250 bike build series with cerakote & aluminum polishing is a show stunner - if you watch up to the final build. Outside of sports I don't watch tv so I've clocked in a lot of youtube hrs.
Make sure to post pics when your bike's put back together. Love to see how this all looks on our 230s. 

I will post some pics. It did turn out really nice.

16 hours ago, Titanman said:

I will post some pics. It did turn out really nice.

Well???!!

We're all waiting to be even more jealous... Let's get this envy train rollin'....