Adam Brown

Xtrainer turn flashers/indicators issue

Hi i have fitted some led flashers and fitted an led relay, the lights flash fine although the flasher light is always lit on the digital dash even when there not flashing. 

Any ideas?

cheers

It must be the eBay relay. Try a different flasher relay.

If the eBay  relay was built with circuitry for driving the LED's, then it may not be possible to be rid of the issue unless swapping everything out. A good LED turn signal set has the LED driver built into the lamps, and no special relay is required just the regular old cheap flasher.

32 minutes ago, ToolmanJohn said:

It must be the eBay relay. Try a different flasher relay.

If the eBay  relay was built with circuitry for driving the LED's, then it may not be possible to be rid of the issue unless swapping everything out. A good LED turn signal set has the LED driver built into the lamps, and no special relay is required just the regular old cheap flasher.

Thanks for your reply, I have just order a new relay which is adjustable? 

Cheers

Those flashers work fine, before you start ripping it apart disconnect the light bulb for the flashers on the dash then try again. I’ve found that after un-plugging the lightbulb all works well, that what happened to mine

Wiser people than me stated it’s the difference between LED lights and regular bulb style lights.

BTW, I have the EBay adjustable flasher and still needed to unplug the dash light.....

26 minutes ago, Mark-us-B said:

Those flashers work fine, before you start ripping it apart disconnect the light bulb for the flashers on the dash then try again. I’ve found that after un-plugging the lightbulb all works well, that what happened to mine

Wiser people than me stated it’s the difference between LED lights and regular bulb style lights.

BTW, I have the EBay adjustable flasher and still needed to unplug the dash light.....

Why would I need to unplug the dash light? What would I gain? Apart from loosing the dash light? The flashers are fine...?

cheers