Hey there!

Bringing back a question that definitely has been answered several times before, but all I could find were posts with half of the people saying its possible, and half saying it isnt.

Which exhausts are compatible across models?

I have a '15 EXC 450 and a local shop are having a 50% sale on their old akrapovic silencer stock.  They claim it is for the 07-12 mod SX-F.

So my question is, do SX-F's and EXC's have the same silencer mounts? Do 07-12 mod silencers fit on the 12-16 mod without any modifications?

Also, does anyone here ride their 4-stroke KTMs on the road? With supermoto wheels? I am unsure about when I should bother doing a piston change. 

Oil changed every 15 hours, valves checked every 30. Air filter whenever it gets clogged/dirty.

I had a 15 500 EXC and the exhaust pipe diameter was smaller on the EXC than my 2016 450 SXF stock exhaust.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, akosi said:

I had a 15 500 EXC and the exhaust pipe diameter was smaller on the EXC than my 2016 450 SXF stock exhaust.

Thanks for the reply/info! Seeing as im looking to purchase a slip-on, I was expecting this problem anyways 😃

Edited by Christian Hinrichsen

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, BDubb106 said:

I mounted my stock 18’ 450 SXF muffler to the 18’ 500exc with no figment issues. Pepped it up quite a bit too!

Nice! Seems like the SXF to EXC transition should go smoothly, lets just hope that the 07-11 to 12-16 works as well :)

Going to order it and report back with the results 😃

Edited by Christian Hinrichsen

The 7-12sxf models were quite different. They not only had a different motor which was carb'ed, but had a different chassis. I would highly sceptical if it would fit. Just ask the local shop if you can buy and try, if it doesn't work take it back. 

• Like 1