TTR125 Tech Tips, Mods, Questions/Answers, & Carb Jet Understanding

Don't listen to anybody on this board like I did about taking the choke valve out by yanking on the choke cable. Pulled the cable clean out and the choke valve didn't budge.

Not to sound like a smartass, but just exactly how do you recommend getting it out if not by pulling it out with the cable?

If it breaks, it's due to lack of maintenence and then you get a drill and an ezout like you are going to have to do now. There is no alternative that I know of. If its frozen in, it has to come out to be fixed. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

:banghead:

Not to sound like a smartass, but just exactly how do you recommend getting it out if not by pulling it out with the cable?

If it breaks, it's due to lack of maintenence and then you get a drill and an ezout like you are going to have to do now. There is no alternative that I know of. If its frozen in, it has to come out to be fixed. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

:banghead:

I was referring to the, "If it doesn't come out, just yank some more". I think adding some WD-40 and waiting overnight or longer might be better advice. At least for me. It may be stuck solid anyway, who knows. I will have some fun when the parts come in. I will post pictures of the stuck valve and the solutions to help out anybody else that might come upon this problem. We have only had the bike since May, but lubing the valve is not part of normal maintenance, (well it is now).

Hi All,

A friend turned me onto TT site looks great.Just starting out,I race against 2 stroke 80's

I have a 125 LE,I am mid-pak.I get beat by the oil burners rpm's,snap and small rear wheel.My dad says a 2 stroke is out of the question.Any help on where to start ?,which threads to hit ? would really be appreciated.

thanx ozzy144

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All,

A friend turned me onto TT site looks great.Just starting out,I race against 2 stroke 80's

I have a 125 LE,I am mid-pak.I get beat by the oil burners rpm's,snap and small rear wheel.My dad says a 2 stroke is out of the question.Any help on where to start ?,which threads to hit ? would really be appreciated.

thanx ozzy144

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...