TTR125 Tech Tips, Mods, Questions/Answers, & Carb Jet Understanding

The OP gave all the part#'s for main jets and pilot jets. I can't find where to actually order these, either from TT store or Sudco?

How do I order these?

The OP gave all the part#'s for main jets and pilot jets. I can't find where to actually order these, either from TT store or Sudco?

How do I order these?

You can order them from Sudco, you have to call. I have plenty of extra I would be happy to sell you. Are you looking for a 110/17.5? I have extras, let me know.

You can order them from Sudco, you have to call. I have plenty of extra I would be happy to sell you. Are you looking for a 110/17.5? I have extras, let me know.

I am indeed..I'll PM you. :banghead:

hey guys i have an 05 ttr 125l it has the airbox cut and a brand new yz 85 carb on it. only thing is after i rode it a bit it wouldnt idle and stalled but then i adjusted the idle and it would idle to high. thinking it has a vaccum leak but i also have to get jets too.

How do I order these?

Jets R us is where I have ordered from, they are pretty quick and decently priced.... http://www.jetsrus.com/

Hi. I have a 2008 TTR125L and it has the newer carb design on it. The literature says that the jetting is different (Yamaha obviously knew there as an issue). Do I still need to re-jet the bike? If so, what size main and pilot are people using?

Thanks.

Questions about carburetors mod:

could the Keihin PWK28 (YZ85) carburetor be used on a 150cc full modified TT-R125 engine?

or only can be used the Mikuni VM28 (YZ80) to replace the Mikuni VM20SS (TT-R125)?

TThanks

I am at about 4500' elevation...  my little wheel 2002 ttr125 has stock jetting.  Any recommendations on jetting for this altitude? I want to do the airbox mod as well.

Thanks!

Edited by The Salt

This is great information. But I have one question, can I use this same information and modifications for the TTR 250? Is there a difference between the 125 and 250.

Thanks

Scott

yes you can ! Just make sure that when you order the parts they are for your 250. Really the only difference between the ttr 125 and 250 is the different engine size, they are both very similar Edited by LoganD
  • Like 1

Popping at high rpm, jets are 12.5 and 20, fmf 4, and air box mod.

Sounds almost like it's hitting top rpm, could I possibly be hitting the rev limiter?

Yes depending on how high your revving. Don't hold it wide open after you stop accelerating. You don't need to rev a 4 stroke that high. You have the most power in the low rpms.

Will a yz 80 carb fit on the ttr 125?

yes it will.

There is a brass plug that needs to be drilled out. The idle mixture screw is under the brass plug.

The EPA in their wisdom don't think it needs to be adjusted.

I have a 2008 ttr 125L, and im starting to look into doing a little work to it. but I have a few questions concerning some things I have heard from different sources.  Q1. My bike has an fmf muffler on it with the stock pipe, would changing out the pipe make any difference in power or throttle response? Q2. I was looking into a yz80 carb, or maybe a mikuni (little expensive for me though), and to my knowledge, the yz80 carb has a different throttle cable set-up than my stock carb, how would I make that work? Q3. this thread said that machining the flywheel would make a difference in power, (mostly torque to my knowledge). would that really make a noticeable difference? Q4. im also looking into a 150 bore kit, fork springs, rear spring, maybe a 14 tooth front sprocket. what do yal think about those mods? Q5. when is comes to air filters, are the more expensive ones worth it? they all kind of look the same to me.

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated!

PS, I do a lot of trail riding, muddy, rocky, sometimes sandy terrain.

Bigger rear wheel possibly? not sure exactly how that would work, or if a wider rim is available for my bike.

Which side has the brass insert to drill out??

bottom side of carb it's a brass cap

Thanks! Got the brass cap off and adjusted 2.5 turns out - seems ok. But - i want to optimize at idle. Anyone know of an aftermarket "finger adjust" fuel screw? This location next to engine is almost impossible to adjust with a tiny screwdriver without burning your hand. If anyone knows aftermarket part please insert website.