TTR125 Tech Tips, Mods, Questions/Answers, & Carb Jet Understanding

Don't listen to anybody on this board like I did about taking the choke valve out by yanking on the choke cable. Pulled the cable clean out and the choke valve didn't budge.

Not to sound like a smartass, but just exactly how do you recommend getting it out if not by pulling it out with the cable?

If it breaks, it's due to lack of maintenence and then you get a drill and an ezout like you are going to have to do now. There is no alternative that I know of. If its frozen in, it has to come out to be fixed. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

:banghead:

Not to sound like a smartass, but just exactly how do you recommend getting it out if not by pulling it out with the cable?

If it breaks, it's due to lack of maintenence and then you get a drill and an ezout like you are going to have to do now. There is no alternative that I know of. If its frozen in, it has to come out to be fixed. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

:banghead:

I was referring to the, "If it doesn't come out, just yank some more". I think adding some WD-40 and waiting overnight or longer might be better advice. At least for me. It may be stuck solid anyway, who knows. I will have some fun when the parts come in. I will post pictures of the stuck valve and the solutions to help out anybody else that might come upon this problem. We have only had the bike since May, but lubing the valve is not part of normal maintenance, (well it is now).

Hi All,

A friend turned me onto TT site looks great.Just starting out,I race against 2 stroke 80's

I have a 125 LE,I am mid-pak.I get beat by the oil burners rpm's,snap and small rear wheel.My dad says a 2 stroke is out of the question.Any help on where to start ?,which threads to hit ? would really be appreciated.

thanx ozzy144

will a fmf pipe give more power than my gutted pipe and how much more power will jets and a airfilter and bore my ttr125l 50 over

can I put an aftermarket 17 inch rims such as Excel or Sun on my small wheel ttr 125m

On the small wheel the front wheel is a 17 and the rear is a 14.

Hi All,

A friend turned me onto TT site looks great.Just starting out,I race against 2 stroke 80's

I have a 125 LE,I am mid-pak.I get beat by the oil burners rpm's,snap and small rear wheel.My dad says a 2 stroke is out of the question.Any help on where to start ?,which threads to hit ? would really be appreciated.

thanx ozzy144

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

Thanks for the jet list at the top of this post. I found all the info I needed.

id try powroll..the bbr 150 is ok but i think the powroll would be better after i have had the bbr

HI, im new on thumper talk and i am purchasing a powroll 150 kit and i was wondering if u have to put a bigger carb. I was also looking at the bbr 150 and which of the two would give me the most power gain?

thanks, tyler

u could use the stock cam if you wanted..it... but it give you more power..the aftermarket cams are all about the same

Hey guys.. I'm looking to put the YZ80 suspension on my TTR... The link that was given that has the kit for that was not working.. can anyone help me out?

Hey guys.. I'm looking to put the YZ80 suspension on my TTR... The link that was given that has the kit for that was not working.. can anyone help me out?

try searching for it, there are manny post's about yz80/85 forks.

the best bet for parts on anything would be EBAY ive gotten loads of stuff from there

try searching for it, there are manny post's about yz80/85 forks.

click in the ttr forum to narrow the results